“Our take on the lodge”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Corning
Modesto
“Our take on the lodge”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this lodge nearly ten times in the past twelve months. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are very nice. The hotel is connected to the casion,so you don,t have to go outside to get to the casion. A free breakfast at the bar or buffett is included in the price of the room.I recommend the breakfast at the bar.Give it a try and you will agree with me that is a good deal.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Turlock, California
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Stayed here with my wife while playing a golf tournament at Sevillano Links (right next door). A very clean, quiet and comfortable facility. The room was equipped with a small refrigerator, microwave oven and a safe. It was spacious and had a small sofa with a coffee table. The bed was very comfortable, and I didn't wake up with my typical back pains that I normally experience from hotel beds. We were given vouchers for the breakfast buffet in the adjoining casino, and the food was quite good (and plentiful).

My only complaint is that the internet service was bad. I was unable to get connected wirelessly or by using an etherrnet cable. Even so, this would not be enough to prevent us from returning.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We have stayed at this hotel four times a year coming & going from Washington to Arizona for the past eight years. The staff in professional & accomodating, particularly Michelle Hunter-General Manager. The rooms are large & clean with fridge, microwave, safes & even a thermostat for air conditioning & heat which means quiet when you sleep. The food in the adjacent casino is excellent with two for one buffets for seniors on Tuesday & Thursday plus the hotel gives you free breakfast buffets every stay. Also you get a free room for every ten times you stay. Love this place!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kfarmers
Chico, California
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The rooms are nice, beds are comfortable, it has a mini fridge, micro and safe in the room and a big bathroom. It's adjacent to the Rolling Hills casino and the food is good. The Lodge had a friendly staff. The Hotel and grounds were well kept. The room was well planned with plenty of space to move around. The bathroom had a large counter and had adequate space. I had a table with two chairs and a sofa (Sleeper) with coffee table. I was very comfortable in the room.

Room Tip: Bring some extra cash for the Steak house.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David A
Wilton, California
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stay here at least twice a year since Vern's mom lives in Corning. The rooms are clean, the staff are helpful and the price I usually get is not outrageous. We've done Suites, in room Jacuzzi rooms and just rooms. King beds a plus. Non Smoking room mandatory and smell fine. The included breakfast is a real plus, personally I like it better than the Ramada, also on the property. The pool reeks of chlorine so I've never tried it. It's convenient off I-5.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Chico, California, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I booked a room on line, for a set price, then when I arrived and checked in, they wanted 50 bucks more, which was not covered on their web site, or on my reservatieron confirmation receipt. I had on my credit card the amount I booked for, but not the extra they wanted. I was treated rudely, and not professionally at all. So, I headed north about 1 mile and stayed at local motel for way less, and more curtious. I will never patron their business ever again. Pure fraud.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
ducka62
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Positives: Arrived on a Saturday and checked in at 3pm as told we could. Room was nice, 2 queen beds, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, and easy access to lobby(stairs or elevator).
There is an indoor patio with a pool and hot tub, and a lot of chairs and tables. You are given a coupon for breakfast at check-in (which makes paying $104 for 1 night accommodations a little easier to pay) for the buffet where the food is good. The Lodge is adjacent to the Rolling Hills Casino, and there is an arcade for kids, which has a good variety of games.
Negatives: The TV kept loosing the signal, the air conditioner/fan was very noisy (even on low), and the fridge was also noisy. I suggest some humidifiers or air cleaners to keep the room air circulated, or ceiling fans.

Room Tip: Second floor room 201 & 203 are close to exits.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
The Inn at Rolling Hills
Hampton Inn & Suites Red Bluff
Oxford Suites Chico
Oxford Suites Chico
#1 of 17 in Chico

Been to The Lodge at Rolling Hills? Share your experiences!