“Noisy Elevator and Freeway!”

SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Corona
Dededo, Mariana Islands
“Noisy Elevator and Freeway!”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Positives:
Room was clean. Bed was soft and comfortable. Clean sheets. Lots of pillows. Bathroom was clean. Good shower water pressure. Staff was friendly. Included daily continental breakfast- very good.

Negatives:
Every time the elevator doors opened it sounded like a VERY loud doorbell. It was impossible to sleep without using earplugs. Also, the noise from the freeway was VERY loud. Both of the treadmills in the fitness room were out of order. The printer at the business center was low on ink. No hairdryer in the room.

Room Tip: Avoid being near the elevator and freeway
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Elaine K
rheta_gray, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear Elaine K,

Thank-you for choosing the SpringHill Suites Corona. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I apologize if you were not given an option at check in for a room away from the freeway. Unless there were none available the team is always sure to ask each of our guests if they have any preferences. However, I am going to look into purchasing ear plugs to have on hand at the desk for guests that may be light sleepers.

We did have one treadmill scheduled to receive a new belt which was done on Friday the 24th. I do apologize if this was an inconvenience to you. Our other treadmill was working. The red emergency button was pulled out. Some guests stop it that way instead of pushing the stop button. It will not work with out putting it back in the slot.

As far as the hairdryer it should have been located in the closet on the top shelf. If you were not able to locate it the team would have been more then happy to run one up to your room.

We appreciate your business and do hope if you are ever in the Corona area again you will allow us the pleasure of serving you again.

Most Sincerely,

Rheta Gray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My son is a member of the Young American's located in Corona. My daughter and I were there to visit him for a few days in April 2013. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the SpringHill Suites. This hotel is located close to the interstate, but if you choose a room on the side of the hotel that is not as close to the interstate it helps to minimize the road noise. The hotel is decorated in a very contemporary theme. It is nicely updated and the rooms are spacious. Aside from the two beds, there was a sitting area with a couch, desk and wet bar. The front desk staff was VERY helpful. When we arrived at the hotel at 10:00 pm I needed to find a pharmacy that was still open to fill a prescription. While we were taking our things up to the room, the front desk staff searched out local pharmacy's for me. Now that is what I call service!!! We did not use the gym, but did go to the free breakfast buffet. The buffet is much better than most of the other hotels we have stayed at. No, it not like ordering what you want at a restaurant, but it is decent. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
rheta_gray, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Hello Donna K,

Thank-you so much for your wonderful review. Nothing makes the team happier then to hear positive guest experiences in which they are a part of. We are all so happy you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

MORENO VALLEY
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Newer hotel and it shows. Nice quiet location. Spacious king suite room, with micro, refir (too small), wet bar, flat screen (small, not many stations, no HD stations). Sitting area with couch, overstuffed chair and desk. VERY friendly and helpful front desk for early check in. SLOW wifi. Don't have local sports stations so I coulldn't watch Angels, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers. Seems strange. Overall though I enjoyed my stay here for 9 days.

Room Tip: Top floor facing West.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
rheta_gray, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear drdroad,

Thank-you for taking the time to write out a review on your stay with us. We appreciate all of our guest's feedback. I am not sure when you visited us; however, since the middle of April we did in fact upgrade our bandwidth to 20. The Marriott requirements are 10. We took ours beyond the requirement to accommodate all our guests needs. We do have local sports on our TV. They are on channel 11 and we also have numerous ESPN channels. We have team members that usually have the games on in the lobby to keep up with the scores.

We do hope if you are ever back in the Corona area you will us another opportunity to serve you. We appreciate you and your business.

Warm Regards,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I had business in Corona, and stay at this hotel for one night with my wife in April 2013, and we both found the hotel to be very nice.

The hotel is located just off the freeway. I didn't see any restaurants or store right next to the hotel, but a short walk/drive there was a major street with restaurants.

The room was modern, well maintained and nicely decorated. It has a separate living room area, and a wet bar. The large flat screen tv could be viewed from either the bedroom or the living room.

The bathroom had a separate sink/mirror and toilet/shower area. Which was nice we were both getting ready for the evening. The bath area was rather large and roomy, well maintained, and nicely decorated.

I didn't get a chance to use them but I saw a gym and pool. They also had a mini-shop next to the front desk.

The staff were all very friendly, professional, and accommodating.

In the morning they also had a free breakfast buffet, which was just OK, they had the usual cereals, pastries, juices, a waffle maker, and gravy and biscuits. My only complaint is it just seemed a little small, but over all will be able to get you going in the morning.

I liked this hotel and would stay here again. I would also recommend this hotel to all my family and friends.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
rheta_gray, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Dear SNAFU23,

Here at the SpringHill Suites, we strive to go above our guest’s expectations. I can not express how rewarding it is to hear your positive experience you and your wife encountered while staying with us.

We are changing some of our breakfast items which will be in effect by July 1st. If you and your wife are ever back in the Corona area we do hope you will make us your choice hotel.

Arvin, California
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I bid for this hotel on Priceline. The suite was very spacious. The queen bed with pull-out bed was perfect for three adults. The location was not great (industrial/business area). The breakfast was great (especially considering the rate we paid). The area offered plenty of seating. The coffee was great and fresh all day.

Room Tip: Beds are comfortable and plenty of seating in breakfast area.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Ska4Jesus
Dear Ska4Jesus,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your recent visit with us. It is always a pleasure to read about positive guest experiences.

If you should ever return to the Corona area I do hope you will make the SpringHill Suites your choice hotel.

The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I really like the hip vibe of these hotels. This new hotel in Corona is no different. Conveniently located off the 15 and close to an In and Out Burger, this hotel offers smart design and 4 plush pillows per bed.

I would reserve a room far away from the freeway, ours was very quiet, clean, and suite-like. The only downside I noticed with this chain is the skimping on the shampoo and lack of lotion unless you ask at the counter.

Love the little shop were you can buy alcohol and snacks. Breakfast was OK for being free. Make your own waffles, eggs and sausages plus an assortment of yogurts, cereals,etc.

I do make it a point to stay at Springhill over Hamptons and Residence Inns. even though i am older, this chain makes me feel young and hip.

Room Tip: Away from the freeway side
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank steveberry2020
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank-you for the positive review from your recent visit with us. The team here at the SpringHill Suites Corona strives to go above all our guest's expectations. We want to ensure you a positive hotel experience from when you check in to when you depart. Nothing is more rewarding to us then when a guest enjoys their time with us.

Marriott is changing our breakfast selections. The new items will be in place no later than July 1, 2013. So you can keep on the look-out. If you are ever in Corona again we do hope you will make us your choice hotel.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 15 March 2013

If this hotel is near my hometown, I would hang out in the lobby all the time. I like how it's laid out, and how cool it looks. But alas, the girls and I stayed there only for one night before our spa day at the Glen Ivy a few miles south of here.

Clean hotel, no problem there. Can't remember much about the staff, but they said hello and checked us in easily. Although we did not see a DVD player, or it was not working.

Free breakfast, good coffee.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
rheta_gray, Manager at SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside, responded to this review, 16 March 2013
Thank-you for your positive review. We appreciate you and your business.