“Tucked in location right off of the highway”

SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Corona
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

This is a very well kept Springhill Suites tucked away in an off the path location. This is a very quiet Marriott unlike many others that I stay at. The breakfast selection seemed to have many more options than others that I stay at. A full hot breakfast is offered along with many other options. The work out room is very nice and was always empty when I was there.
Very quiet hotel. Welcoming front desk staff. Wonderful rooms, great beds, little fridge and microwave. Safe parking lot. Very safe area although it really seems to be in a backlot kind of area.

• Stayed: February 2014
rheta_gray, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you Kim L. for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

If ever in the Corona area again we do hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Most Sincerely,
Corona/Riverside SpringHill Suites by Marriott rheta.gray@marriott.com
951-520-0984

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Overall, I give this hotel an excellent! The plusses are:
1) Free breakfast including waffles! (my personal favorite)
2) Nice spacious rooms
3) Each suite has a microwave and refrigerator
4) They try harder to please their customers more than any other hotel I've been to recently.
Prior to choosing this hotel, I read my fellow TripAdvisors' reviews. Several people mentioned the traffic noise since this facility is right next to a freeway. When we arrived I requested a room on the opposite side and it was nice and quiet. When I went to get ice, there was a window there where you can look out onto the freeway. The freeway noise was very muffled, so I'm not sure it would have mattered.
We filled out the suggestion sheet that is in the room. The next day I got an email from the Assistant General Manager, Yvette Perez. I wrote our suggestions to her, that the toilet and facial tissues were quite coarse, and that they needed a microwave in the breakfast area. Ms. Perez responded that she would forward my message to the General Manager, Rheta Gray. Ms. Gray responded within the day. She said:
"Recently, American Hotel Registry discontinued the paper products we use for our guest rooms. The replacement they found for us does not meet our standards as well. This will be something we can change and will on our next order."
We stayed two nights and when we returned from Glen Ivy Spa at 4:55 pm we found our room had not been made. I called and discovered that I had left the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on our door. The maids shifts ended at 5 pm and a maid showed up within a couple of minutes and made up our room! We were very pleased.
We also requested a late check-out which was extended by an hour to 1 pm, which was very convenient to us. So they have proven to us that they try hard to please the customer.
In reading the reviews of this hotel, someone mentioned the difficulty they had trying to get back onto the freeway. You have to turn right onto Ontario Ave and flip a U-turn to get to the I-15 on-ramps.
If you cut through Home Depot to California Ave (or turn right onto Old Temescal Road if you don't want to go through the parking lot), you can turn left onto Ontario Ave and avoid having to flip a U-turn.
Overall we were very pleased with our stay and it was the best price I found near Glen Ivy Spa.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark M

Thank-you Mark M for taking your time to fill out a review giving our readers wonderful insight of our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside was enjoyable.

Corona/Riverside SpringHill Suites by Marriott rheta.gray@marriott.com
951-520-0984

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Came by the other night and noticed that this newer budget-oriented Marriott suites property, right off the I-15 freeway in a relatively commercial area. Check-in was pleasant and requested a room away from the freeway to minimize noise.

The common areas were all quite nice and the room was relatively spacious.

The suite did have a sofa bed, wet bar, and 2 closets. The blankets were on the thin side. Water pressure was good in the room. Wifi and breakfast were both free.

Breakfast in the morning was pretty good for a budget property.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the freeway to minimize noise
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sofaonasock1
rheta_gray, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Happy 2014 YumE,

Thank-you for taking the time to let all our readers know of your positive experience at the SpringHill Suites Corona. Also, I would like to add I love the picture you took of your room. Looking at the many places you have traveled it gives me pleasure to hear of your positive experience you encountered at the SpringHill Suites in which you so kindly provided on Trip Advisor.

If your travels ever bring you back to the Corona area I do hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Genuinely,

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I've stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Corona, Riverside, CA several times when visiting relatives. The staff has always been very friendly and accommodating. The rooms have always been clean, large, and always very reasonably priced. On most recent visit I was impressed with the breakfast selection which included Greek yogurt and fresh fruit.
The hotel is right off the interstate, and the location is in an office park, but it is convenient. I have never experienced any problems with noise.

Room Tip: You can request rooms on upper floors and facing away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Happy New Year Aspen P!

Thank-you so much for the positive comments you left on Trip Advisor. I enjoy hearing when our guest’s enjoy their time at the SpringHill Suites.

If you are ever in the Corona area again I do hope you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with excellent service.

Most Sincerely,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I try to stay at Marriott or Hilton brand hotels wherever I go because I know what to expect and I get the points as well. This one was very busy but everything was great. The service was good and the food in the morning was decent. I wasn't expecting 5 stars but the always deliver a great product and no problems at all here in Corona.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
rheta_gray, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Greetings Pixtonian,

Thank-you for taking the time out of your busy travels to express your positive visit at the SpringHill Suites in Corona. We appreciate your loyalty to the brand. Being a Marriott Rewards member and staying at SpringHill Suites where the points you receive are 10 per every dollar can make a huge impact in cutting your costs for your next travels.

On behalf of the entire team at the SpringHill Suites in Corona, we wish to thank-you for allowing us an opportunity to serve you as our guest.

Genuinely,

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is exactly what you would expect from a SpringHill Suites, the interior is recently updated and the rooms are large and clean. The bed was very comfortable, I had a room facing away from the interstate but the other people in our party had rooms right up on it and they said it was very loud. The staff was very kind and free breakfast was what is expected from the chain.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DaisyDot24
rheta_gray, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Hello willi172,

Thank-you for writing a positive response in regards to your recent stay with us. Here at the SpringHill Suites, we strive to go beyond all our guests’ expectations.

Even though, we have double pained windows in all our rooms closest to the freeway our light sleepers may still hear the traffic. We are presently looking into room noise eliminators for our light sleepers. Many of our guests enjoy the close proximity of the freeway for the convenience; however, this may come with some freeway noise.

I am happy to hear the team was able to take care of your needs having your room furthest away from the freeway. We appreciate your business and hope if you are ever in the Corona area again you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I came here for a training class and everything was perfect. They gave me early check-in at 9am (and fast too!), free coffee all day in the lobby, free breakfast, HUGE rooms with high ceilings and a fridge and microwave.

Very nice staff and near restaurants and a Walmart should you need supplies.

Room Tip: First floor is convenient with high ceilings.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Justin M

Hi Justin M,

Everyday at the SpringHill Suites, our goal is to reach beyond all of our guest's expectation.

We appreciate you taking the time to let perspective guests know of your positive experience you encountered during your recent visit with us. We hope if you ever return to the Corona area needing accommodations you will allow us to serve you again.

Warmest Regards,