“Always a good meal”

Mantra Indian Cuisine and Banquet
Ranked #79 of 368 Restaurants in Corona
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Corona, California
“Always a good meal”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had a group meeting in the Banquet room upstairs. I've had several meals in the restaurant that have always been good. This item we had them change up the standard buffet and had a lot of new off-menu items that were really good. Explore and enjoy.

• Visited April 2014

Riverside, CA
“What a Disappointment”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I am a conoisseur of Indian lunch buffets. I have tried every one in the Inland Empire/Orange County region (and loved most of them). I was excited to find out there was a new one in Corona. This restaurant misses the mark in several important areas.

When I saw the price of $9.99 for Saturday & Sunday (vs. $8.99 Mon-Fri), I figured I was in for a treat on Saturday. Instead, I found several of my favorite selections that are available at other Indian buffets were missing. First, there were no samosas. Since this is my absoulute favorite item, we were off to a bad start. Also, there was no soup. Next, there was only white rice. All other buffets offer white and yellow (vegetable).

My other complaint is with the service. The only expectation I have at an Indian buffet is that I am offered water and beverages, that my dirty plates are cleared in a timely manner, and that my naan arrives fresh, hot, and relatively soon after I am seated with my first plate of food. It's not that complicated. Would you like to know when someone finally brought a basket of naan? It was after I was completely finished eating, and had paid the bill. This, despite several staff members walking about the dining room, looking like they had no idea what to do. Yes, I could have probably flagged someone down, but after awhile, I developed a curiosity to see if and when they would finally bring the naan.

I will definitely not be returning to this establishment. Not when I can receive superior food, selection and service at a number of other choices. Try Bombay Restaurant in Ontario, Haandi or Koyla in Rancho Cucamonga, or Delhi Palace in San Bernardino.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank RaymondD
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We ate from the luncheon buffet, and it was typical Indian food. Good, but nothing really exciting. The samosas were very good with a little bit of spice to them. Most of the food was not spicy and we had to add some hot sauce to it. The wait staff and employees were all very friendly and helpful. I would eat here again, but I really like the Indian places that have unusual and interesting dishes. This place is more like just a good home cooked Indian meal. Enjoyable!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Cinda10
4voyageuse
“very good and reasonably priced”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Ample choice for the daily buffet (naans are included in the buffet price), and à la carte. I personally love their vegetable korma, we go there twice a month or more. The price is cheap compared to other Indian restaurants we've tried in the area. $8.99 weekdays, $9.99 on Sat. and Sun., and coupons are easily available for Corona residents. Upstairs is a banquet hall where Indian families gather for special events, so you sometimes get to see all these beautiful saris :)

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 4voyageuse
Walnut Creek, California
“Great Food at Affordable Prices”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The food was very good and tasty. The service was good too.
They have a large selection of food. Prices were reasonable.

Visited April 2013

Been to Mantra Indian Cuisine and Banquet? Share your experiences!