“Needs Better Customer Service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corona
Glen Eden Nudist Resort
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Regrettably it is a co-op type club with little consideration for non-member guests or visitors. Rules abound! I will rate various aspects:
1. Tennis - Plentiful but cliquish. Overall level probably 3.5 or so but they have a "club" numeric rating system similar to USTA that gives you impression much higher level than actual. I played with some top level "5.0s" and they were USTA 4.0s. Most players were quite friendly and good court etiquette once you GOT IN!
2. Accomodations: Only decent park model is R15, R10 should be replaced! Priced the same. After 5 minutes inside barefoot, feet were black and had to wash to get into bed! Apparently rely on guests to clean!?!??! At $100 / night?
3. Food: We were there on weekend so cafe WAS open and food was a solid B, Reasonably priced and plentiful portions.
4. Entertainment: There was a dance Sat. night via CDs!! DJ was quite amateur and many CDS defective. So why not a digital library? Water VBall was OK, hokey rules.
5. Rules: Friends had AANR cards and have been AANR for years but still had to take a goofy tour in the nude which wasted their time even in face with us having been there. Suggest If AANR 5+ years, OFFER the tour........I will not even go into the hassle we had getting a credit for ground fees we should have NEVER been charged. Again, wasting my valuable time to meet THEIR rules.
6. Grounds and Facilities: Solid B.

Room Tip: Get R15, not R10!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jay c
There are newer reviews for Glen Eden Nudist Resort

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Glen Eden Sun Club is a clothing optional/nudist resort that has full amenities, including a cafe, two pools, sauna, basketball & volleyball court, laundry & fitness facilities, several tennis courts, and much more. The regulars & residents are friendly, the facilities are well kept, and it is, on the overall, very well managed. There are resident, RV, and campsites available. There are also many hiking trails, paved roads for bicycles and/or golf carts, "Public" restrooms & showers. I must emphasize that this is a family resort and not a sexual adventure. It is clothing optional, but nudity is required in the pool & hot tub area. It is a wonderful "freedom" feeling if you have never been to a nudist resort or beach. It is a gated community with a grocery store etc. nearby. It is well worth giving it a try!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
11  Thank TheBoatBums
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I've been to Glen Eden twice, both time after business trips to the Los Angeles area. I really liked it, but it's important to understand what it is. Glen Eden is primarily a large but local nudist club and RV (trailer) park, not a "resort" for travelers expecting upscale accommodations. Most visitors come for the day, stay for the week-end in their own RV's, or live there in permanent pre-fab homes (like trailers, only not moveable). There are a dozen or so overnight accommodations in permanent trailers, ranging from a very small room with no bath or sink and very limited kitchen facilities to larger trailers in the 20' to 27' range. There are no hotel rooms. In addition to the very reasonable accommodation charge there is also a daily visitor's fee of about $25 for non-member visitors (the day fee goes down if you become a member). My total daily cost was well under $100 per day, making this an affordable spot to stay. My room was very clean and well-maintained both times I have stayed there; there is no daily maid service, although someone cleans your room upon departure.

Glen Eden has a very large pool (heated except in winter), a large hot tub, a small indoor pool used for both swimming and water volleyball, outdoor volleyball court, a sauna and six tennis courts. There is also a large room used for dances and Karaoke and a cafe that is open on week-ends for basic meals. No alcohol is sold, but you can bring your own.

What I liked best about Glen Eden was the friendly attitude of members and staff toward new visitors like me, and the ease with which I was able to participate in tennis and water volleyball. There are round-robin doubles tennis tournaments on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday mornings, and often tennis tournaments on Saturdays. Despite not knowing anyone, I was warmly welcomed and matched with partners and opponents of similar ability. About a third to a half of the tennis players were nude; the others played in shorts and/or t-shirts. You really haven't enjoyed tennis fully until you've played without clothing. There are also regularly scheduled water volleyball games, and despite my complete lack of experience I was welcomed to play and taught the basics by others on my team as we played. Because I got to know so many people through these activities, I felt like part of a very friendly community and really enjoyed being there, despite visiting alone.

I've read some negative comments about Glen Eden on this and other web sites, and I'm mystified because my experience was so positive. I'm told that because this is a club owned by members, there is a certain amount of politics that go on, particularly among those who live there. Then again the club is fairly large, and it might be that if you don't participate in tennis or volleyball, the long-time residents might seem less welcoming because they already have formed long-standing friendship groups with others. But the Glen Eden I experienced was open, friendly and welcoming. I plan to return frequently.

Room Tip: On my second visit I stayed in one of the 20' trailers, which had a full kitchen and bath. I coo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
8  Thank Nelms
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Glen Eden was a huge disappointment. We planned 2 days there as middle part of a trip. Frankly, there were some (not all) people there that were unfriendly or unhelpful. When we got to the location the room we were given had empty beer bottles, a very dirty floor, uncomfortable sleeping arrangements in the bed and fold out (the fold out was atrocious), dried up bean dip on the counter, dirty dishes and was just a mess. Some places have trouble with possums, this place looked like it had hillbilly problems.

The staff after seeing this insisted we take a tour in the buff. We didn't because all our stuff including towels were in the car, it was hot, everyone was tired and we were not in the mood standing out in the sun to accommodate what was now an obviously stupid request considering the circumstances. Not to mention, that is a dumb way to get people to try and feel comfortable with a resort (first timers at a location or to the experience). Bad policy.

Then we were all at the pool and the lady at the pool runs up and asks if the kids were at the pool alone. We're sitting at the pool as we're asked. I told them were here the whole time. She continues her rant but with less vigor. Apparently, laying on a lounge chair at the pool is not enough to convince them we are 'at the pool.'

To make matters more fun, later at the hottub an older man was glaring at everyone male and alone. He glared at me until my wife showed up 10 min. later. What I was told later is that the residents have outright told people they don't want them there if they are visiting.

I've been to dozens of resorts and never seen this level of stogy behavior before. I would not recommend visiting. There are better places to go locally.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family