“PISS poor”
Review of Motel 6 Corona

Motel 6 Corona
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Corona
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Its pet friendly but Not people!! My room smelled like dog piss!! Will never stay there again!! Filthy and dirty!
Location was ok but fit for a dog!!
Was lateat night for check in so had no choice to stay in that stinky room a little bigger then a jail cell

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Bob457878
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Corona, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear Bob457878 - Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The odor and cleanliness issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed here with friends looking for a place to crash. It is a motel so I didn't expect a suite, but I did expect it to be clean. The room we were given smelled of dog urine. The carpet was yellow instead of blue. There were urine stains all along the floor. I understand it is a pet friendly hotel but keep the rooms separate! The restroom was horrible as well. The shower had mold growing all over and the floor was black not white. The toilet had not been properly cleaned and it had been used even before we got there. There was so many things wrong with this hotel. I would not stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alli S
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Corona, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Bryanna V - The poor cleanliness conditions you encountered during your recent stay are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We appreciate your sharing these issues with us and apologize for your negative experience. Please contact our guest relations department so we may have a record of your experience to serve our guests better in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

I normally do not stay at Motel 6 so it is difficult to compare it to other motels. I expected no frills and basic amenities and that is what I got. What I did not anticipate were families with younger children playing outside my door. Requested a non smoking room. First room reeked of smoke. Management gladly allowed us to change rooms. Next room was slightly better. No smoke smell but lots of room freshner and an ash tray. For the price, it was not a bad place to crash. Not sure I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Dan M
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Do not stay at this motel 6. It is infested with bed bugs. Also, it seems that they rent rooms weekly and monthly. This attracts all kinds of undesirable characters who lurk around all hours of the night. It is dirty, bug infested, and unsafe to stay there.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lori C
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I stay here 3 to 4 times a month. Friendly staff, decent rooms and convenient location.

Room Tip: chose a room facing North and away from the freeway
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chc H
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Average Motel 6.
If your room has a door to adjoining room, it might as well be OPEN.
Sound passes thru with virtually no muffling meaning you will hear everything in Their room, and they will hear You.
The usual handful of TV channels (and not the ones You'd pick).
Staff was pleasant.
Central heat OR A/C - not Both, so you won't be in complete control of your room temperature.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2010

For the $40 I paid, I expect bare minimum. A couple things I still expect were missing. There was no remote for the TV, no soap (or other toiletries), no hair dryer. All of these things I can forgive for the price. The location was great – right off the freeway, in a decent area.

The biggest problem was noise. There is white noise from the nearby freeway, which is fine because it helps drown out motel noise. However, when people walked upstairs the building made a creaking so loud it actually woke me up. Also, on the Friday night I stayed there were people driving into the parking lot with music blaring in the middle of the night, and also those yelling across the complex to their kids at dawn.

If I were to stay here again (hard to beat the price) I would request a room in the back away from the pool and main parking, and on the upstairs level. I would also make sure I actually got a nonsmoking room upon check-in because my room did need some airing out when I arrived.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business