“Excellent Pasta Dishes”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I seldom frequent this restaurant whenever I crave for Pasta. They have various pasta selections or you can create your own combination of pasta ingredients. Excellent atmosphere, great ambience for semi-formal dining. Food servers are courteous and friendly and quick to accommodate any needs.

Definitely worth the mid-price range compared to similar Italian-themed restaurants.

Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Bad experience in what has the potential to be a great restaurant. I don't even know where to begin. Like others have said, the bread was the best thing. Oh, and the water. Pretty sad. Not enough utensils or napkins were provided, no refills offered, blase attitudes by staff. Only one server exhibited much enthusiasm, but she forgot to bring the rest of our order, with the excuse she ran out of hands. The main server spent more time talking with customers her own age and selling wine. Families with kids who don't drink were nit her thing, I get it. But at least take care of others as well.

I used to really enjoy this restaurant but I will rethink this decision next time.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I like the gluten free menu and the ease of ordering it the way you want it. My husband likes the build your own pasta. The house wine ( keyonte )is good and cheap.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Used to be amazingly tasty vittles at Romano's but they are skimping on ingredients and it is effecting the presentation and the taste. Still go when invited but not at the top of my list any longer.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

(SEE NUMBER THREE FOR THE CLIMAX!) After they promoted their $25 dinner for two including two tapas (appetizers) special we went for it. Plus two Caesars.

1. The Caesar salads came with DRY greens. Well, mine had a small dollop of dressing plopped on top, but my wife’s was nearly bone dry. As you know, a Caesar must be tossed well with plenty of dressing so the leaves are well coated. Otherwise; a mere house lettuce salad. She asked the waiter for more dressing and he returned five minutes with about a half shot glass full. And none for mine (I didn’t ask but neither did he).

2. The meatballs and spaghetti was the worst ever. Watery, tasteless sauce and meat (?) with the flavor of a cotton ball. No seasoning detectable. Oh well, the spaghetti was cooked properly.

3. The check came and my wife took a look and it totaled $52! The waitress was summoned and came back in a few minutes with a new total of $39. They had itemized each item and no “deal” was billed. (That included two iced teas and those 3$ Caesar add-ons; fair enough.) “Oh yes, we’ve been having computer glitches today.” Right. And how many other “glitches” got billed to credit cards? If there were glitches occurring, why wasn’t this one caught by the staff?

My advice is to seek out a real Italian restaurant, not this chain-store abomination. You can even do better at Denny’s or IHOP.

BTW, I rarely give negative feedback on hotels, eateries etc. but this place deserves the worst.

Been to Romano's Macaroni Grill? Share your experiences!