“Good for budget lodging.”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Corona
Middle Kingdom, California
“Good for budget lodging.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

This motel is good if you are looking for budget lodging. If you are looking for some luxury, this is not the place for you.

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Everything worked except for the plug in my son's tub/shower. It was disconnected from the tub, so if he wanted to take a bath it might have been a problem, but he didn't so no matter.

The rooms had microwaves, mini-refrigerators, work tables, and a desk chair or two. They did not have in-room coffee makers or folders with local restaurant menus, etc. The wi-fi was free and reasonably fast. The air conditioner worked like a champ and was not too noisy. Although, I had people in the room above me, I did not notice a lot of noise from them moving about their room.

The breakfast was coffee, juice, cereal, cellophane wrapped pastries, and mini-muffins. I brought my own breakfast as I need something more substantial. I did use the coffee and juice. It was good.

The pool was very cold. We went for a quick swim in the afternoon because we had been out in heat and dust and wanted a refreshing dip. It was very refreshing (COLD!!!). It took us a long time to get all the way in the water and we were done after two trips across the pool.

The location is right off the freeway, so it is convenient. There is a gas station next door that has ice for the ice chest. A couple of doors down is a Denny's restaurant and a fast food place.

As I said, this is basic lodging. With my AAA discount, the rooms were the same price as Motel 6. But I choose to stay here because of the microwave, mini-fridge, and free wi-fi. I did not interact with staff much other than checking in/out. However, we arrived about 9pm on Friday night and did have to wait for about 10 minutes for the desk person to return from some errand.

Overall, a decent, inexpensive place to stay for a night or two. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose upstairs or downstairs. I was close to the freeway side but I didn't notice any noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Corona, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

Desk staff was pushy and impatient. Do not room here. I asked for 30 more minutes to extend my stay and they refused. They ran my credit card without my permission (to pay for the room even though I told them my company would pay)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Pratt, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

I really wanted to give the hotel a higher rating, but I couldn't. I was given an upgraded room which was very nice, and the room was recently remodeled, so it was in great shape, but there were a lot of little things I couldn't overlook. The bed was very comfortable, the water pressure in the shower was good, the room was clean, the pool looked very clean (I didn't use it) and the staff was very friendly. The hotel is close to the freeway, and was a little noisy, but I knew that when I booked the room, and it wasn't bad when I was in my room.
The negative things were there was no phone in the room (the staff said during the remodel the phone cable got damaged, and it hasn't been fixed yet), there was no listing for what channels were for which television stations, the remote wasn't setup for the working stations, so I had to go through the stations that were just static to get to the stations that were good, there were only 2 pillows for the king sized bed, and they weren't very comfortable, and there were no hangers in the room. The breakfast was very lame. There are usually only 2 options for cereal, and I got there 5 minutes before breakfast was over, and there was only 1 option. Besides the one option of cereal there were some pastries and that is it. It was a very bad breakfast.
Having said that, the staff did a good job getting me 2 more pillows and hangers, so they did what they could. If the owners do the small things, and improve the breakfast even a little, I could see myself giving the place at least a 4 if not a 5. It is a Rodeway Inn, so my expectations are not high. If I am in the area again, I will probably try the place again in the hopes they have taken care of some of the small things. The price was reasonable for what I got.
The place has a washer and dryer which was very handy. There was only one of each, but I didn't have to wait to do my laundry. The washer was $2 and the dryer $1.50, and that is expensive, but worth the convenience.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Nothing special, usual room for type of motel and price. Everyone was pleasant enough. I just wish the carpets were cleaner. Stains that didn't have to be there with a quick shampoo. Always pack a pair of flip flops when traveling in any motel you just never know what on any surface. Freeway close and the noise to go with it, but you can't have one without the other.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012 via mobile

Nicely remodel room ,good customer service and great price.
Would tell friends to stay here and this would be my place stay when in corona

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank beager87
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

PROS:
Fast check in
Polite customer service
Comfortable bed
Great Price

CONS:
No mirror on vanity
Breakfast sandwhich left in microwave from last occupants stay
HUGE waterbug in the shower
Remote NO batteries and I had to re-program myself
Refused to extend my check out for 1 hour, hotel was NOT busy quite empty
will NOT return.......

Room Tip: make sure you get a mirror a remote that works waterbug FREE room and ask for LATE check out befo...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
sylmar, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

There were two things that are really liked about the hotel was their newly renovated rooms and location. Our room was great with almost everything new including furniture and beds. The location was great with a lot of restaurant options. Their room price are really good as well as I only paid around $49 a night!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business