“Best Western Stay of 8/24/13”

Best Western Corona
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Corona
Corona, United States
“Best Western Stay of 8/24/13”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel room was very clean. A/C was on upon arrival so did not have to enter a hot room. Bed was very comfortable. No problems with internet connection. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWCorona, Manager at Best Western Corona, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Pamela B,

We appreciate your review and letting other travelers know how your stay was. Without these and other social media outlets how could we know where improvement needs to be focused on. We take these and any other guest feedback or concerns very strongly and welcome them at all times.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return to our property.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Apple Valley, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Overall location, cleanliness, room size and amenities were as expected and nice. Room was clean reservations, check in and out were easy. Upon making reservation we were told they have portable baby cribs. Which was one of the main reasons we made the reservation. Upon arriving they said "oh we don't carry those" and the lady seemed amused we were upset with the fact that we had nowhere to lay our 12 month old without trying to fortify the beds with pillows(he rolls a lot in his sleep). Also had to listen to the group of about 10 people tailgate party until 2:30 am. With all the loud talking and laughing and beer bottles dropping. The parking lot is small so hotel staff had to have been fully aware of the noisy guests in the parking lot and did nothing to disperse them.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jessica C,

I again would like to thank you for once again letting us know how your stay was. I apologize that our Central Reservations department gave you false information. Like I explained in my email I was going to look into it and I have. It is in the process of being corrected. I also explained upon reviewing our security cameras on property our night staff did attempt to disperse the crowd that was congregating in our parking lot. We are a family friendly hotel and that behavior is unacceptable to us.

I again apologize for any inconvenience any of these situations caused you. Please know that we appreciate your feedback as it lets us know where improvement needs to be focused on.

Manager
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed here for a softball tournament, and the price was great, room was great and service was great! They even had a laundry room so I could wash my daughters uniform. Pool and Jacuzzi were clean and great. Couldn't ask for more! Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWCorona, General Manager at Best Western Corona, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for leaving a review for your stay with us. We appreciate you letting us and other travelers know your experience here. Any feedback from our guests is very important to us and we take it very seriously.

Again, thank you and looking forward to having you here with us again when in the Corona area.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This is no 5 star, 4 star and certainly not even a 3 star hotel but the price isn't either

From the looks of it, the ownership has changed or just decided to step things up as the stay I had was far better than what most of the reviews would lead you to believe.

First we have the room: California King with above typical linens (for the class / price that is), nicely made and quiet comfortable. My room also had a single desk, a 32" flatscreen, a couple stationary sofa chairs and a fairly modern, adjustable desk one as well. There's a decent sized mini fridge and microwave next to a the (oddly) granite bathroom sink. We're not talking 5 star stuff but it's just a cut below what you'll find in your local Hampton Inn / business hotel. Not bad.

The wifi was probably the biggest issue I had with the place. It worked / connected / got me online but the speed was not going to win any races.

Breakfast in the morning is hardly anything to write home about either but it's also far more than the grab & go usually found in 'motel' type properties... Toast, bagels, packaged pastries, cereal, juice [from concentrate] to name a few.... There was also a fridge with "fresher" food but I left that alone.

Across the barely 2 lane street is a cafe with decent enough food for a quick run (just skip the frozen burger) and there's a large Arco with your typical gas station supplies on the corner as well. Downtown Corona is a few minutes off while the nicer restaurant and shopping is about 10-15 minutes by car.

From the looks of it people come here for work (lots of equipment trucks in the lot), to visit family (lots of kids in the pool) or passing through on another trip as was my case. It's not the kind of place you'd want to spend your days lounging around in but for a few hours in the evening, a clean place to sleep and a snack to start the day, it's just fine and a very fair value.

Room Tip: Behind the pool if you plan to use it and breakfast, away from it for more quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ted S
Orange County, California
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stayed overnight on a business trip. Normally I stay in Orange County but just about everything was booked or the prices were too high. Corona is close to Orange County and I decided to take a chance. The location of this Best Western is just off the freeway and access is good. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Not much more to say. Given the room rate I paid, this was a good choice. Yes, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Basically what you should expect from a standard Best Western.

Very nice staff. Clean, well maintained grounds and attractive landscaping. Free morning breakfast stuff and good coffee.

Easy to find right off the highway. Parking could be a problem for travel-trailers though. There is a large parking lot across the street, off-property, that might be an option for them. Parking on-property is gated and very near the rooms.The pool looked nice too. Basic room amenities, comfortable bed, and surprisingly.. no traffic noise!

A very nice benefit to staying here is the two restaurants on the same small side-street as the hotel, within walking distance. I got dinner to go from Goodfella's and was very satisfied.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Danny_OI812
Long Beach, California, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Made reservations weeks ago. We arrived and were given a room on the 1st floor RM# 130. I was told after the fact that there was a whole group of kids in for a sports event. All night we could not sleep because they were running back and forth on the 2nd floor. I told the front desk in the morning, and they asked me why we didn't call last night, I told them, "I was told they were booked and didn't bother" they moved us from the 1st floor to the second floor RM@230. Then when we returned from our day trip to relax the tv was not working and was all snow. I called down to the desk to ask to have someone to come fix it and the young man told me that the maintenance man had gone home from the day and was the only one that knows how to fix it. REALLY!! Then they asked if we want to change rooms...REALLY!! long store short they gave us 30.00 off one night.. I'm not impressed with this particular Best Western!! Oh and then when I ask the manager and the maintain man if they had been told of the problems with the TV they didn't know anything about it...nice. Well now they do...and have a great day.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hawks3
BWCorona, Manager at Best Western Corona, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Hawks3,

I would like to once again apologize to you for the experience you had with us. Like I explained in my previous email to you, your satisfaction is very important to us. I too would like to thank you for bringing the TV problem to our attention. Without you the guest reporting these things to us how can we know when there is a problem. Please keep in mind when traveling that even if the hotel property is sold out, when there are noise complaints we like to deal with at that moment. The front desk clerk could have called those particular rooms, or we could have called the police if it got to that point. Once again it is my hope that you do not let your experience here ruin your view of all the other many Best Western properties.

Leslie Pulu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corona
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corona
Ayres Hotel Corona East / Riverside
Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West
Residence Inn Corona Riverside
SpringHill Suites Corona Riverside
Howard Johnson Norco

Been to Best Western Corona? Share your experiences!