All reviews no elevator el torito sausage eggs stay there again within walking distance comfortable beds happy hour great breakfast potatoes breakfast room visiting family first floor a great stay free breakfast large group fresh fruit
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Older hotel with older decor. Rooms and lobby was clean. Front desk staff, for the most part were friendly, although some were not as flexible as others. Thanks to Wendy P for the late check out. We chose this hotel as it was on a list from a tournament we were attending. It was not team friendly at all. First of all, their breakfast did not open until 730a. We had 8am games 45 min away and they were not able to accommodate an early breakfast for the team. The first night we stayed one of the rooms had an industrial air purifier running all day in it. When maintenance finally came to remove it, and he admitted it should not have been left in the room all day, it had left a smell in the room. When our coaches went to sleep, they woke up within an hour not able to breathe and coughing. They were unable to stay in the room and the hotel was all sold out. The coaches had to find another hotel room. The did not get charged for the room. Oh, and the windows do not open in the rooms so airing out the room was not an option either.
The temp in the rooms was always set to very cold. When we first entered a couple of the rooms the temp was in the 60's. Despite warming it up during the night, when it was cleaned the next day it was an ice box again.
We were told that the pool closed at 10pm but the hotel allowed groups to party on the patio next to the pool until way after 10pm. They were right under our windows and we had to call the front desk twice to ask them to move somewhere else.
Also, there is a permanent resident at the hotel that made our girls a little uncomfortable. We were not told about this resident until I asked as he was following some of the girls. The front desk told me he was disabled and lived there permanently.
The check in process was a little confusing as I guess our room information was confusing to the staff. After several conversations, they figured it out.
This may be a nice hotel for older couples for small adult groups, but having traveled with sports teams for the last 5 years, I would not stay here again with a team.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Debra G
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Corona East / Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Punkin690,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your feedback as it helps better serve our guests.

In regards to your recent stay, I am truly disappointed to hear that our hotel did not exceed your expectations. We take pride in delivering excellent service and I sincerely apologize that this was not the case during your stay. Nevertheless, we truly appreciate you choosing our hotel to be the host for your tournament and are very sorry that you did not find us to be team friendly.

I would also like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the air purifier as well as the noise levels protruding from the pool area. I certainly empathize regarding the points you mentioned and can understand how these inconveniences can spoil anyone’s stay.
Please know that our hotel does have an enforced policy on noise levels after 10pm and that we always do our best to ensure that our guests have a peaceful stay.

Once again, we are genuinely sorry that our hotel did not exceed your expectations, however are pleased to hear your kind comments about our clean rooms and lobby as well as friendly front desk staff.

That being said, we kindly hope you reconsider and give us another opportunity to demonstrate the great service we are known for. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Before choosing this hotel I read the reviews boasting friendly service and decided to give this location a try. Upon entering the hotel I immediately realized that I had made a costly mistake. The front desk employees were aloof and inattentive. As we were checking in the employee barely made eye contact and seemed annoyed. When she noticed I was aware of her comportment she then offered a disingenuous closing as she gave us our room key. When I visited the front desk on another occasion the employee was on the computer in the office and I asked if I may have a toothbrush and toothpaste; without a smile or a friendly gesture, she schlepped from behind the desk to get the items. When we entered our room I noticed gummy bears candy on the floor and there was pee under the toilet seat from the previous guest! I went to Wal-Mart bought gloves and Clorox wipes and re-cleaned our room! I did not report this to the staff as I believed their conduct to be unprofessional and inhospitable. I tried to make the best of our stay. Unfortunately, we needed to stay an extra night due to an unforeseen circumstance. Not only would I not recommend this hotel; I have no plans to return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nae Nae D
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Corona East / Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Nae Nae D.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is vitally important to us as we always want to meet all of our guest’s expectations.

In regards to your recent stay, we are genuinely sorry for the unacceptable service you experienced with our staff members. We take pride in providing excellent customer service and are truly disappointed that this was not the case during your stay. Please know this is not typical of our service. Nevertheless, we truly appreciate your understanding and apologize about the unprofessional encounters you experienced at our hotel.

I would also like to extend my most sincere apology for the incidents that occurred with the cleanliness of your room. I can understand how these incidents could have potentially spoiled anyone’s stay and I am so sorry that this occurred. Please be aware that I have addressed these isolated incidents with our housekeeping management team to ensure that they do not occur in the future.

Please know that this review will not be taken lightly and we will, without a doubt, learn from this experience as well. We only hope that you reconsider staying with us in the future and give us another opportunity to be of service. If there is anything personally I can assist you with, please feel free to contact me.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Long weekend with my family at a basketball tournament all around Corona at several different high schools in the area. Ayres was central and had all the needed things in the hotel or with-in walking distance.
We checked-in early=plus!
We had late check-out=plus!
We had a huge variety of breakfast=plus!
EV Blink Charging station with-in walking distance at the nearest end of Walmart=PLUS PLUS PLUS!!

Room Tip: BLINK EV Charging Station is with-in a 2 minute walk at the nearest end of the Walmart. About the room, We were on the first floor facing the pool and next to kitchen. 2 things - 1. If you don't want to hear people at the pool get a room away from pool. We were asked to quiet down 1/2 hour before pool hours closed. :( We were not even being loud, just splashing about. 2. If you are not a morning person don't get a room near kitchen the scent of food is alluring and I think i heard the prep from the room on the adjoining wall. But it I was already up so… Coffee and bagels called me into the cafe! Side note. The spa was not hot enough for me but it started to heat up once the jets were turned on. The pool was the perfect temperature not too warm not too cold! It was a perfect stay overall. The location for walking to everything was great too!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Corona East / Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Heather R.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review to let others know about your recent stay at our hotel.

We truly appreciate your kind words about our convenient location, full hot American breakfast and essential amenities.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and we cannot wait to welcome you back for your next basketball tournament!

Warm Regards,

General Manger

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Whenever traveling to southern California, I try to stay at an Ayres Inn. Great staff, excellent rooms, and a fantastic breakfast. Location is close to Cal. Baptist and right off the 91. Plenty of good places to eat nearby and Costco gas just a few blocks away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Corona East / Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Shawn E.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about recent stay as we greatly appreciate your comments. We are honored to know you choose to stay with us every time you visit California. Thank you as well for complimenting our fantastic team. We cannot wait to welcome you again in the near future!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was in Corona for 1 night on business, found Ayres Inn Corona East on line and booked a room. I could not have been happier with my choice. I was greeted when I arrived, the room was immaculate and very comfortable and they really had a breakfast with waffles, eggs, meat, potatoes and fruit, not the usual bread and make your own waffles. I will definitely stay there again if I am in the area and look for other Ayres when I travel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business