“Absolutely Awesome Hotel!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
“Absolutely Awesome Hotel!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We have stayed in Ayres hotels before a couple of times so we knew this would be a nice hotel at a good price. But we really scored this time. Somehow we were able to book a double queen suite at a summer special sale price (sorry, cant post prices here but it was very reasonable). We were going to Disney and Corona is a super easy 30 minute drive to the parking lots at Disney. We looked at all the old "flea bag" hotels in the Disney area for crazy prices (IMO) but just couldn't force ourselves to stay there. All we need is a clean hotel at a reasonable price and we want free breakfast. You won't have an easy time finding the first two around Disney judging by the reviews here at TripAdvisor. So we started looking further out. This hotel is absolutely amazing. I travel in both North America and Europe and this is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. First of all, this is a "boutique" hotel so the decor is made to look at bit older and a bit European. Rest assured that nothing here is old - at least not in the Ayres Suites building. There are two buildings. One for the main hotel which looks maybe a it older but this also looked nice. The west building is the one that is definately newer. Very new in fact. Super clean and tidy. Our room was a suite with 2 double queen beds with a physical wall between the two beds (I will try to post photos), a full kitchen area, microwave, full size fridge etc.!! We also had room for a couch. We had tons of room but be aware not all rooms are this large. Breakfast was awesome! It features hot eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausages, hash browns, yogurt, cold cereals, juices etc. etc. You don't get this kind of service for free in most hotels. They also have happy hour with free food (hot meatball with tomato sauce and cheese (like lasagna), pop/soda, beer, salsa and chips you name it. We just called it supper and had a very nice feed. What a great way to check in! There is a pool at the main building and I think a hot tub, and a second hot tub at the suites building. Check in and out was smooth and fast and the staff here is extremely friendly. I don't understand come of the negative reviews here because if I could give this hotel 10 stars I would! I hope we have a chance to return some day and I highly recommend this hotel. If possible ask for a room in the west (Ayres Suites) building.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the Ayres Suites building
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Batdude3
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear Batdude3,

Thanks a million for the fantastic and thorough review to let others on TripAdvisor know about your stay with us at our hotel. We truly strive to offer impeccable accommodations and guest experiences and it appears we greatly succeeded with you! We are so delighted to see that you enjoyed the complimentary Manager's Reception with drinks and food as well as the American Breakfast Buffet. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future and thank you again for the compliments!

Jim Keeby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Czech first
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Everything is average a kit this property, excluding the wifi. I was in room 141 and the signal didn't reach most of my room. Could only pick up if I stood by the window. There also isn't much to eat around the property, so if you are without a car it makes it difficult.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank AndrewFordJr
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear AndrewFordJr -

Thank you very much for your candid review of our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was not more exceptional. We do strive to provide outstanding service and accommodations, so it is a bit disappointing to learn that we were not able to exceed your expectations. We hope you will visit again and give us a second opportunity to show you how comfortable we can make your experience.

Regards,

Jim Keeby
Corona, California
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Close to fine Southern California Mexican Dining and I-15 Freeway the Ayres Suites is a great choice while visiting the Inland Empire. Nightly receptions, hot breakfast every morning and very reasonably priced rooms makes the AyresSuites the ideal choice for the budgeted traveler and businessman alike!

I woould not hestitate to recommend this or any of the other fine Ayres properties throughpout Southern California!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I purchased this room through Priceline and thus knew nothing prior to our stay except that it was rated as a 3 star. When we arrived, I was slightly put back that the hotel featured exterior corridors. Immediately upon entering the lobby, this feeling was instantly replaced. Staff was wonderful, and the lobby was clean and nice. We quickly got keys to our room and a small explanation of how to turn on the electricity (you must put your key into the wall to activate power, a different experience for me).

The room was nice with a small living area (sleeper sofa) and bed area separated by a counter with micro fridge and sink. It was lacking a microwave which would have greatly enhanced the experience (traveling with a small child who drinks bottles). The room was quiet, no exterior noises were noticed.

Breakfast was wonderful. The area was slammed with several tour bus groups feeding before they left, but the food was plentiful. Staff quickly cleared the tables.

Terrific experience overall, definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Las Vegas
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last May and we were very happy. I think we spent around $150 for the night but it was a suites with 2 full size/queen beds and a seperate area with a kitchen dinning table and sofa that turned into another bed. It was perfect for us because there were 3 of us guys staying. The only complaint I have is that the front desk is in the hotel next to the one we stayed in so that Was a bit of a pain but all in all a great stay. If you're looking for something fun to do while staying here there is a place called SC Village that has a HUGE paintball & airsoft facility.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival noticed building was decent on the outside but once entering to the lobby it was absolutely ugly, decoration was cabin like with heads of deer and taxidermy all over. The gentleman who helped us, let us look at the room before booking, first room was old and musty, carpet was discussing, weird arraignment of room,( ex.. Bed, then sink, then bed, then bathroom.). We went back the guy was rely helpful we expressed that we were looking for something cleaner and more kept up in which he suggested the other side of the property, we checked it out, it looked like some one cheaply renovated the area, but was clean. Smelled a bit old and musty but not to bad. Halls had old creepy Victorian style paintings of people from that era, the kind that freaks you out when you go get ice at night. Anyways it was very mediocre at best but since there was no other place nearby we decided to book it. The gentleman who helped us was extremely nice. Upon check in he asked for my credit card in which he took a manual imprint of it on paper and told me it was for incidentals, I asked him was kind of incidentals, in which he explained that water was $4 and there was no movies so pretty much just in case I drank the water.

We were hesitant to have the card imprinted but he told us that next day after checking out They would destroy it or let us take the paper with the imprint. We thought hat was reasonable so we stayed. The next day we proceed to check out and the lady who attended to us (Robbin lady in her 40-50s) . While she was checking us out she was short and smart with us, we just wanted to leave, I asked for the credit card imprint that I was told I could take and she said no!

No reason No alternative nothing! I had to ask why I couldn't take it since I didn't feel comfortable them keeping an imprint of my 16 digit card with exp and all. She said it was policy and smiled. I told her about what I was told the day before in which she very passive aggressively told me she wasn't there to hear her coworker say that and said he was probably new. And regardless it was policy. I asked to speak to a manager, in which she laughed and said he's on vacation, and there is no one who can help me. I asked her for her district manager in which she smirked and said he's on vacation too. I immediately felt that she was trying to take advantage of my credit card information. I tried to reason with with her and reexplained what we were promised in with she said how do I know your not Lying !!!!!! I demanded to speak to the manager vacation or not, or I was going to call the police ( she offered to give me the pd number).

.. After 30 min she calls or pretends too. And doesn't let me speak to him, she never explained the situation just said " I have two customers here and they want there imprint, I can't do that right ok bye" "Came to us and said like I told you before it's not happening policy. We actually keep them for two years for audit reasons, you. Can stop bye in two years if you would like"
My wife the decided to call other hotels under the same name nearby in which they were helpful, one told us that that was not company policy and if the customer wanted the imprint back the customer had that right, he told us that ROBBIN was just giving us a hard time and was not following policy. Her manager called Robbin to tell her that she needed to give us back the info. In which she said ill take care of them. She hung up. Finally we thought we got some were, but NO.

She told us there is nothing else I can do, I can't give you your imprint back. I said u said you would take care of us. In which she responded I AM TAKING CARE OF IT WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO GIVE YOU A PHOTO COPY?

After 1.5 hours of this we got a hold of the manager he gave us options None good news but managed to give us the imprint back. Clearly Robbin was deliberately being shady not to mention rude and un attentive. The worst service I have ever had.

Don't come here drive a bit more stay at the Marriott I wish I had known of it.

Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Frenchmob
San Jose, California
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and ejoyed a very large room with a king size bed and a seperate sitting area with a couch, cofee table, desk and food prep counter with sink and frig. Bathroom had a larger than average tub/shower.

Breakfast bar was all you could want and included waffles, pancakes, scrambled eggs, saugage fruit, cerial and more!

At night the area was quiet dispite many travel groups staying at the hotel.

I am a Priority club member and have stayed at other hotels in the area affiliated with the HGI brand but I will stay at the Ayres Suites next time I am in Carona instead.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family