“PLEASURE TRIP”

GreenLeadersGold level
Mexico, New York
“PLEASURE TRIP”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Comfortable and clean but will ask for outside room next trip, courtyard very nice but to noisy in the evening. Dining area could be larger, had a fifteen minute wait, the diners sat and visited after their meal . We like location, close to family and restaurants, only wish there were more things to do and see in Corona. Would defiantly stay again. Enjoyed our stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Czech first
Altadena, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Me, my husband and two kids stayed for one night. Front desk was super nice and very helpful. The room was awesome. Two very comfortable queen beds. It was very clean and it did not have the musky smell that other hotel rooms have. Very Clean!!! My husband comment "The beds were super comfortable so we slept great " We needed another blanket around 1am in the morning and front desk took care of it. Thank you Ayres !!!

Pico Rivera, California
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My girlfriends and I took advantage of the Glen Ivy Getaway deal the Ayres offers. It was FABULOUS! You can't go wrong with the deal... you not only get the room and breakfast, but it also includes admission to Glen Ivy and late check-out at 2pm. The beds and pillows are SOOOOO comfy! After a relaxing day at the Spa it was wonderful to get into a bed that hugs you to sleep. The only con to this stay was the decor... the pictures on the wall in the hallways and lobby areas reminded me of the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. I was a little scared to was down the hall to the ice machine by myself, but that's why there is a buddy system, right?! Other than that.... YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Recommended if you book online and pre-pay before you arrive. Heard the desk
quoting double what I pre-paid online. Nice and easily 3.5 stars as opposed to
3 stars I say before my visit here. Nice rooms and nice appointments and nice
grounds and a very good comp breakfast. NOT good for night owls or early birds
and late arrivals as they have a maze of gates locked in those hours and parking
in those hours is a problem. I would hate to think of being here in a big fire or
major earthquake in those hours with that maze and all those gates locked. I do
hope management and owners have thought that out.

Room Tip: Avoid the pool if you do not like noisy kids. Try to get a room near the gates for easy in and out...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have stayed at Ayres East or Ayers West every time we visit Carona. We like it and will continue to return when we visit family who live in the Carona, California area, near Los Angeles. We stayed at Ayres Suites West even though we had a reservation for the Inn. We were upgraded to a room in the Suites because there was no room in the Inn.

Room Tip: It helps to google a map before arriving to see distances and turns
Green Features: Towel and bedding practices are environmentally-friendly.

Corona, California
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I got there at about 3:00 PM on a Friday, two people before me at the registration desk, both having issues. One couldn't book two rooms at a time online and so was forced to come in to the property to book the other room. The other had a key that didn't work and she was not happy. After about 15 minutes the clerk finally asked if she could help me, little did I know I should have been asking myself the same question "Can she help me?"! She checked me in and handed me a key, then promptly asked me for my credit card again so she could run it through again for some reason, all the while assuring me that I wouldn't be charged again. I go to the room carrying all of my bags, the key doesn't work. I load everything back into my car and hike back to the front desk and politely ask the clerk for a working key. The clerk asks me for my credit card again for some reason, all the while assuring me I wouldn't be charged again. She hands me a key and I ask if this one will work for sure, I was assured that it would. I get back to the room with all my stuff, the key again does not work. At this point I am starting to think they just don't care...so I repeat the process one more time. Guess what, the key doesn't work To make a long horrible story short, it turns out that the keys do work, but the door knobs are on upside down. Which means that you pull the lever up when they should normally go down. There was more but I think you get the idea...Motel 6 here I come!

Room Tip: Ask for a room without an upside down doorknob.
Green Features: I like the concept, poorly executed. If you don't have key in the holder, the air, TV and lights shut off automatically. Great for the hotel, not so much for the guests.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear John N.,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is vitally important to us as we always want to meet all of our guest’s expectations.

In regards to your recent stay, I would like to extend my most sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced during check in, as well as accessing your room. We are truly sorry for the unacceptable service you experienced and can understand how instances such as these could have spoiled anyone’s stay. Nevertheless, we truly appreciate your understanding and are genuinely sorry for these conveniences. Please know that I have looked into and addressed these isolated incidents with our maintenance team to prevent them from occurring again in the future. Once again, thank you for your understanding and we only hope that you reconsider staying with us in the future and give us another opportunity to be of service.

Jim Keeby
Humble
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The service was great! Hotwire did not give us the room that we had requested, but the ladies at the front desk helped us out anyway. I did not know that there were two different types of hotels at this location. One with elevators and one without. Hotwire decieved us. We stayed at the location without elevators and it was hard trying to carry our luggage up stairs with children. The rooms were very elegant on the inside though.

• Stayed June 2014