“Nice and friendly place”
Review of Coronado Inn

Coronado Inn
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
Reviewed 23 May 2008

The staff was helpful and friendly. Room was a little small but what little time we spent in it , it wasn't that bad.. It was nice to have a frig and a microwave in the room. We didn't notice the noise from the road even with being right beside it. The parking wasn't the best but we only had a problem with that the last nite we were there. It wasn't a new or fancy hotel but it served all our needs. We were pretty please with our stay there.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Coronado Inn

Reviewed 16 May 2008

I made a reservation with the inn a month in advance and was promised a crib by a staff member, which they falsely advertise for. They called less than 48 hours from check-in time to tell me they did not have a crib. When we tried to confront the situation we were not allowed to talk to a manager or supervisor. I was informed by the staff member who promised the crib that she was told to 'handle' the situation since she caused the problem. I couldn't even get the supervisor's last name or any owner information after being extremely upset. This was handled very unprofessionally. They make false promises and have false advertising. The inn and staff can't be trustes. This was a huge inconvienance to our family and I am very upset with this establishment!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank MelissaSanDiegoCA
CoronadoInn266, Guest Relations Manager at Coronado Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

Thank you for taking time to review our little hotel. We apologize for the not so stellar experience you had last time. We take every guests' concern seriously and try our best to address it at the best of our ability. The hotel is now under new management and we are taking care of issues and slowly improving everything to suit our guests' needs without taking away the vintage vibe that most people like about our little hotel. It's unfortunate that there was a misinformation given to you at the time and we're truly sorry for it. If you decide to give us another opportunity in the future and we will try our best to deliver a better experience for you.

Reviewed 28 April 2008

I agree with all those who appreciated this hotel as an adequate budget property in an expensive neighborhood. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. They gave us as many directions as we asked for, as well as bus and trolley schedules. Also coupons for nearby restaurants. The free breakfast (instant oatmeal, apples, bananas, orange juice, which was not Tang as someone else noted, coffee, and lemonade along with some packaged breakfast pastries) was just fine. Don't stay here if you can only stay in a 3 star place or if you need space to do business. It is on a busy corner, so if you are noise sensitive, you may have a problem. The beds are firm but clean, the bath is small with plenty of hot water. There is a microwave and minfridge. Heat/air is in the wall, but I cannot speak for that as the San Diego weather was perfect! There is no internet in the rooms and the free lobby computers must be dial-up because they were very slow. Good for emergencies or necessities though. The pool area is charming. The parking is free, however, if the place is full, you may have to park on the street. Lucky for you there is lots of free street parking. There are many decent restaurants near by. The location is great!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank IWantToGoThere2
Reviewed 10 August 2007

I was really looking for a nice, small, quiet place to stay and that's exactly what I found when I arrived. My family and I loved the location since it was very close to the Ferry Landing. We had a great stay and the people there were very friendly. It was everything we were looking for and I have already booked for another trip in the upcoming year!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank AMD44
Reviewed 2 August 2007

This I believe is the worst experiance I have ever had on a vacation. We are fromTucson AZ where it gets to be 104 to 107 in the summer. This room was extremely hot. The air conditoner is a wall unit. Upon inspecting the unit I found the filter covered in dirt and the fins. iced over. When I contacted the office, they eventually sent a mainance man who informed me "thats the way they are suppose to be." Not so. I stood there holding my hair dryer and the motel's hair dryer to the unit in an attempt to defrost the unit. Upon getting it deforsted, it froze up again. Mind you there is no cold air. I told the office I wanted to move rooms as this is unacceptable. It was 4:30P. As I was getting our things together the maids decided they needed to get in there-unanounced and start cleaning. They are cleaning as we try to pack our things. We get to the next room and it is as bad as the1st. I decide this will not work as I have a handicaped friend and 10 year old child with me. I ended up moving hotels and because it was last minute paid $280.00 a night for a room for 3 nights as every place was booked. Going back to tucson and canceling our vacation was not an option.

Stayed: July 2007
4  Thank yodaboy

Thank you for taking time to review our little hotel. We apologize for the not so stellar experience you had last time. We take every guests' concern seriously and try our best to address it at the best of our ability. The hotel is now under new management and we are taking care of issues and slowly improving everything to suit our guests' needs without taking away the vintage vibe that most people like about our little hotel. If you decide to give us another opportunity in the future, we will try our very best to give you a better experience.

Reviewed 24 April 2007

My Daughter, Grandadaughter and I stayed here for a 3 day weekend get away. It was quaint & cozy with no frills. I rented the Kitchen unit to save money of eating out. The kitchen was very clean completely equipped with dishes and pots and pans. The unit had a living room, a nice size bedroom with 2 doubles. The free continental breakfast was pretty funny with it's convienence store pastries and juice and coffee. The location was great for getting back and forth to San Diego. The building was pretty old and needed some repairs but all in all very nicely kept. It was roomy, comfortable & clean. For the price of $169.00 a night it was a nice place considering it was on Coronado Island. I would recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelinMomArizona
Reviewed 19 May 2006

I agree that this a decent budget hotel, and good value on the island. Some may find the rooms a bit on the small side.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast isn't designed for the health-conscious, but it starts you off for the day.

The location is within walking distance of the restaurants by the ferry crossing.

• Stayed: April 2006