Coronado Inn
Coronado Beach Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$274
US$251
  • Beachfront
US$198
US$322
US$265
  • Restaurant
Loews Coronado Bay Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$234
Loews Hotels
  • Pool
El Cordova Hotel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$261
US$395
US$340
  • Pool
Villa Capri by the Sea(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$231
US$384
  • Breakfast included
El Rancho Motel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$109
Crown City Inn(Coronado)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscontinental breakfastback alleytwo blockssan diegoferrymidnighttelevisionfurnishings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The room was cozy, quiet at night, free wifi and its just a ten minute drive to downtown. The staff was really nice and attentive. Theres a swimming pool in the back but we didnt have time to use it. Overall great experience, and at a pretty low rate, hard to come by in Coronado Island. I'll definitely stay at Coronado Inn next time i visit San Diego. Thanks Erin for all your help!

Room Tip: Room 4 is our fav
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Sunlight, Surf Steps Away. . . but, most importantly, SERVICE, SERVICE, SERVICE !

Old-time, old school hospitality just short of downtown, the Ferry, the naval bases, and, of course,
Coronado Downtown shopping and cuisine! We stopped in just for a one-night visit to the island, and obtained a month's worth of grande clean and personal contact from the front desk through the housekeepers, and even were professionally greeted by the Manageress.
The Coronado Inn is now on our permanent list. Classically quaint with all of the technical benefits. . . including a continental breakfast.

Don & N.B.Georgia
Sonoran Bay Music

Room Tip: Ask the front for the type of room you especially prefer. Helpful, knowledgeable and very personable. Affable and affordable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Donald K
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Booked for Coronado Inn; was housed in Coronado Island Inn, which required 2 street crossings at one of Coronado's busiest intersections with long traffic lights to access main desk/amenities. Traffic noise was horrible, waking me up before 6 am each day as traffic from the main bridge to the island passed by, headed to naval base. Lots of motorcycles. Room quite clean; wi-fi unusable. Most times you must hunt for parking on the street, not at the hotel. Mine was a prepaid booking and I was put in a lower cost room. Neither the hotel nor the booking agent (major name starting with "O") would refund my credit card for the difference despite what their website says; O only offered a travel voucher but I won't use them again for hotel booking. I survived but would not recommend this unless you are very hardy.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank flgirl09
CoronadoInn266, Guest Relations Manager at Coronado Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

Thank you for taking time to review our little hotel. We apologize for the not so stellar experience you had last time. We take every guests' concern seriously and try our best to address it at the best of our ability. The hotel is now under new management and we are taking care of issues and slowly improving everything to suit our guests' needs without taking away the vintage vibe that most people like about our little hotel. It's unfortunate that your concern was not handled promptly but rest assure that if and when you decide to give us another opportunity in the future, we will try our best to deliver a better experience for you.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I have stayed twice at the Coronado Inn and the second time, I found myself much more contented. Let's be honest--it must be one of if not the cheapest hotel on the island, so it's not surprising that it lacks a few amenities. My room was clean with one lamp that worked pretty well. The tvs are old with clumsy remotes; my bed was comfortable and the shower, while very small, worked fine. If you're looking for a bit of chic, stay elsewhere. If you're looking for an inexpensive and basic hotel, you couldn't do better.

Room Tip: It's what used to be called a "motor court," so cars park close to the rooms on the inside of the hotel. But I was able to sleep in spite of that. There is a lot of early morning traffic, so bring your earplugs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TexasGardener
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Ok, I went to Coronado to attend a conference at the Hotel del Coronado. I got the ticket late, so all the other hotels were booked. I knew going into this adventure that it wouldn't be the nicest of places, and I figured, since I was on a business trip, all I really cared about was a clean bed and a shower. Coronado is a pleasant place, so it was in a decent area, but that's about all it has to offer. The "continental breakfast" is cold cereal and bad bagels served on the front steps of the office, in the parking lot. The place has been there a while, as is evidenced by the very worn everything. I wound up in the building in back of the property, with a screen door that had it's knob mounted in the same space where the door knob sat, so the two doors could not both close at the same time. Which isn't a big deal, except the screen door flapped open and semi-closed all night long. Several blinds were broken, they didn't even replace the tiny bars of soap daily... I was there for 4 days, used the same nub of soap the entire time. It was a mile walk to to Hotel del Coronado, which was pleasant. There are a lot of restaurants, pubs, stores, and a movie theater within 10 minute walk of the property, so that was nice. The TVs barely worked, the remotes not at all, and they did nothing about it when I asked. Since I spent so little time in the room, I chose to ignore the issues and make the most of my time in Coronado. I would have had an entirely different attitude if i were staying there for leisure or if I had to spend any significant time on the property. I wouldn't recommend this place for anyone, I'd stay away.

Room Tip: Go to another facility
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank bigelectricmac

Thank you for taking time to review our little hotel. We apologize for the not so stellar experience you had last time. We take every guests' concern seriously and try our best to address it at the best of our ability. The hotel is now under new management and we are taking care of issues and slowly improving everything to suit our guests' needs without taking away the vintage vibe that most people like about our little hotel. We have also improved slowly on our complimentary continental breakfast and have added a few other things in our food selection. If you decide to give us another opportunity in the future, we will try our best to deliver a better experience for you.