“Start of a bad vacation”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Coronado Inn

Coronado Inn
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Coronado
tucson
“Start of a bad vacation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2007

This I believe is the worst experiance I have ever had on a vacation. We are fromTucson AZ where it gets to be 104 to 107 in the summer. This room was extremely hot. The air conditoner is a wall unit. Upon inspecting the unit I found the filter covered in dirt and the fins. iced over. When I contacted the office, they eventually sent a mainance man who informed me "thats the way they are suppose to be." Not so. I stood there holding my hair dryer and the motel's hair dryer to the unit in an attempt to defrost the unit. Upon getting it deforsted, it froze up again. Mind you there is no cold air. I told the office I wanted to move rooms as this is unacceptable. It was 4:30P. As I was getting our things together the maids decided they needed to get in there-unanounced and start cleaning. They are cleaning as we try to pack our things. We get to the next room and it is as bad as the1st. I decide this will not work as I have a handicaped friend and 10 year old child with me. I ended up moving hotels and because it was last minute paid $280.00 a night for a room for 3 nights as every place was booked. Going back to tucson and canceling our vacation was not an option.

Stayed July 2007
4 Thank yodaboy
CoronadoInn266, Guest Relations Manager at Coronado Inn, responded to this review, 16 November 2016
Thank you for taking time to review our little hotel. We apologize for the not so stellar experience you had last time. We take every guests' concern seriously and try our best to address it at the best of our ability. The hotel is now under new management and we are taking care of issues and slowly improving everything to suit our guests' needs without taking away the vintage vibe that most people like about our little hotel. If you decide to give us another opportunity in the future, we will try our very best to give you a better experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2007

My Daughter, Grandadaughter and I stayed here for a 3 day weekend get away. It was quaint & cozy with no frills. I rented the Kitchen unit to save money of eating out. The kitchen was very clean completely equipped with dishes and pots and pans. The unit had a living room, a nice size bedroom with 2 doubles. The free continental breakfast was pretty funny with it's convienence store pastries and juice and coffee. The location was great for getting back and forth to San Diego. The building was pretty old and needed some repairs but all in all very nicely kept. It was roomy, comfortable & clean. For the price of $169.00 a night it was a nice place considering it was on Coronado Island. I would recommend it and would stay there again.

• Liked — The location and the kitchen in the room
  • Disliked — The building needs some repairs
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank TravelinMomArizona
London, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2006

I agree that this a decent budget hotel, and good value on the island. Some may find the rooms a bit on the small side.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast isn't designed for the health-conscious, but it starts you off for the day.

The location is within walking distance of the restaurants by the ferry crossing.

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank john82
Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2006

I have to agree with those who have described this a decent budget hotel -- it's got a few rough edges but is still a good value in this otherwise expensive area.

Breakfast was somewhat of a disappointment, and I wouldn't expect perfection from the rooms or the amenities. On the plus side, the pool is decent and the location is within walking distance of almost everything on the island and to the ferry across to downtown. If you get a kitchen suite (as we did) you can also save money by stocking up at the local supermarket.

Coronado is a lovely area, with outdoor cafes, cute shops, lots of well-manicured lawns, and of course a nice stretch of beach near the famous Hotel del Coronado.

Stayed April 2005
3 Thank Massachusetts_Member
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2005

Yes, this is a budget hotel as someone else says below, but for pricey Coronado, this place is probably the best value going. The only trouble for us was the noise. This motel is located on the corner of the two busiest streets in Coronado, so be very careful of where your room is located. Only a few rooms are protected from the traffic noise. We were lucky enough to get one, but only after requesting a move. The staff was attentive and courteous, the breakfast was lame, the rooms are clean but not particularly attractive. Depends on what's most important to you, I guess. I thought it was OK; my husband thought it was not so great.

• Stayed April 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2004

staying there was convenient and it was in a great location to walk to resturants and local shops! The people working there were so friendly. Our hotel room was recently remodeled and we really liked it. We had a great vacation and my kids loved swimming in the pool! I would definitley recomend it for anyone! We would definitley come back again!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Honolulu, HI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2004

We stayed for 4 nights with our two children in September. We enjoyed the pool area and the staff went out of their way to accomodate us. We enjoyed having the kids get their own breakfast in the morning and let us relax. The rates for Coronado Inn were great since we have normally paid much more in the larger hotels. If you are use to staying in the reorts this would not be the hotel for you. We will be back to stay again.

6 Thank kenWHonolulu_HI