“You pay what you get for”
Review of Coronado Inn

Coronado Inn
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Now, since its Coronado theres probably not a bad place to stay,right? Well I found one, this place seemed underpriced for Coronado but didnt mind it, given the area. The Inn must have had a great photographer b/c it was nothing like the pictures! Their idea of a business center is an old Dell and a dot matrix printer, thier high-speed internet is slower than my phones internet. Everything was filthy,dingy and old, but we made the best of it. However, next time I recommend staying away from this chicken koop if possible, there are more hotels to stay at, that are relatively close,inexpensive, and cleaner.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank carlosmend99
CoronadoInn266, Guest Relations Manager at Coronado Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

Thank you for taking time to review our little hotel. We apologize for the not so stellar experience you had last time. We take every guests' concern seriously and try our best to address it at the best of our ability. The hotel is now under new management and we are taking care of issues and slowly improving everything to suit our guests' needs without taking away the vintage vibe that most people like about our little hotel. It's unfortunate that your concern was not handled promptly but rest assure that if and when you decide to give us another opportunity in the future, we will try our best to deliver a better experience for you.

Reviewed 6 January 2011

Fantastic hotel and for a great price. We stayed here for 4 night and had planned to sleep in a basic room but the friendly staff upgraded us to a room with a kitchenette to help us out since we were staying a while.
Coronado Inn offers a lot for travellers however we didn't experience it all as we were flat out but in terms of location we can't complain. One 15min ferry ride away is the city of San Diego, 5min away is the ferry landing with shops and restraunts, another 5min walk away is the famous Coronado beach and Hotel Del Coronado.
Bed were comfortable and the aircon and kitchen saved us a number of times. Cheap and affordable.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank Kendokatraveller91
Reviewed 18 November 2010

we wanted to be on Coronado to celebrate my daughters birthday near the beach, but ended up having to leave Coronado because of this hotel. The rooms themselves are basic but ok for the price. the problem was that the rooms open directly onto the parking lot and are loud. the hotel had tables in chairs DIRECTLY outside our door, within a couple of feet of the entrance. we had to move the chairs aside to get in and out. there were people sitting outside until late in the evening and then they were back again at 6am. not only was this so loud we could hear every word, the cigarette smoke would come in under the large gap under the door. staff offered no solutions to this problem. we got so tired of being woken up early, and being kept awake that we moved to another hotel. this was worth the extra money, I only wish we had done this sooner, or not gone to this hotel at all.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank LeToKall

Reviewed 8 July 2010

Great location and price! Very Chilled out, staff are quite friendly and willing to help. More of a friendly motel than anything. Breakfast outside, in the morning in the sun was a nice experience (even though it was quite early). Coronado as a whole is just a very relaxing place to be and this hotel just adds to the atmosphere. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Lots of info inside also about attractions on the island. Only problem was the wifi. It didn't quite reach our room but that didn't really take away from the experience. Would definitely come back again.

Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vladoneal
Reviewed 3 June 2010

I stayed there for two nights with my two infants. Rooms are small but clean. Floor rug had stained etc but clean. Floor (foundation) was slanting towards the end of the room. Applianced were small but okay considering the room size. Quite and noise free even though a busy road side motel. Less than 5 mins. drive from town center and beaches. Will stay there if having price constraint otherwise pick something close to the beach to avoid driving.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank iampranav
Reviewed 3 March 2010

I travelled to Coronado from Studio City to go to the dentist (ugh) where my elder daughter is employed. I found this gem while searching Coronado hotels. I was thrilled. Don't get me wrong--I would love to stay at the Del again, but my purse does not stretch to that amount these days. The Inn was tidy and intimate, reminiscent of motor hotels from what I lovingly call "the old days." My room was spotless, the bed was comfortable, the staff were very friendly, and the price was amazingly reasonable. Continental breakfast, too. I was longer at the dentist than anticipated so called the desk to say I would be a bit late checking out, and Martha said "no problem, don't worry." When I left I told her I would DEFINITELY be returning (in two months, in fact). If you are looking for an inexpensive and clean place from which to enjoy Coronado nd its environs, this is the one for you. I would recommend the Coronado Inn to anyone.
Jill

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank sallyodonovan
Reviewed 15 February 2010

If your goal is to go to southern California to spend the entire time in your hotel room; this is not the place for you. If you would like be in a location that you can easily walk to the ferry that will take you into the heart of downtown San diego, or walk the other way and be in downtown Coronado without the need for a vehicle, this place is ideal.
The staff was very helpful and accommodating, it is a small locally run in where you are dealing with real people and not a corporation.
I also found it extremely convenient that there was a refrigerator and a microwave in the room.
Was the bathroom small and the bed a little hard? Yes.
However, I think that it is still a fantastic place to stay for the price.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple