Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa
Coronado Inn(Coronado)
El Rancho Motel(Coronado)
Crown City Inn(Coronado)
  • Restaurant
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)
1,467 results
All reviewswater taxicoronado islandferry landingsan diegowalking pathbay viewtennis courtsconvention centerseaport villagegaslamp quarterself parkingsofa bedbike rentalssmall fridgerooms are largefire pitnice property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I had somewhat low expectations of the resort after hyper- focusing on a few of the negative reviews. I had precious little time to decide on our family's accommodations so I had quickly scanned Trip Advisor for reviews of various San Diego area hotels. I can honestly say that we really liked the resort and are so happy we stayed there. The resort staff was friendly and professional, check in was a breeze, our connecting rooms were clean and spacious and we had a great view of the San Diego skyline. The outdoor pool was heated to a perfect temperature and the poolside service and food was fine. To put it in perspective, after we checked out we continued our vacation at the 5 star Pelican Hill Resort up the coast. We all agreed we had more fun at the Marriott Coronado Resort and in San Diego. We would not hesitate to go back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank elm5
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We had wished to stay nearer to the convention center for Comic Con instead of being so far away. The drive wasn't long, but it was slightly complex and parking near the convention center is difficult. However, it wasn't long before I was grateful for the "getaway" that Coronado provided. It was so lovely to depart the extreme sensory overload of Comic Con and retire to such a serene and lovely hotel filled with kind hosts and quiet rooms. I would have loved to stay longer and enjoy the many services offered at the hotel and on the island.
The hotel is clean, quiet, and comfortable. My room was very spacious and even included a private patio. The service was polite, attentive and kind. They had serviceable wireless for my business needs. It's near many restaurants and the beach. The water taxi is conveniently available to go to San Diego (though I couldn't take advantage). I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Our room was clean, spacious, and very smartly furnished. The bathroom was a delight, with a separate shower and tub, and a well-sized sink area. We only ate at the hotel for breakfast, but we loved the abundant outdoor seating. It was wonderful to be able to start the day in the fresh air with a view of the city over the bay. All staff members we encountered, from the maids to the front desk personnel, were very friendly and helpful. Our waiter at breakfast even remembered our usual drink order each morning, which helped make our stay a little more special.

The hotel is located on the less busy side of Coronado, not directly on the beach. However, it is close to the ferry landing, the bike path, and several good restaurants. It's also far less crowded than the Hotel Del Coronado side, which can make it a bit more relaxing.

The only slight negative we had is that the air conditioning in the room seemed a bit weak. Fortunately, the weather wasn't too hot, so it wasn't a real problem for us, but I suppose it could be if temperatures are higher than normal.

All in all, though, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Room was little dated but views were great. Streams running through courtyard made this hotel kind of unique and gave it a different feel. Everything was a promised. Asked for a late check out which was granted. Staff had answers to every question and couldn't do enough for us. We like the idea of the water taxi which takes you to the Marriott Marina in 10 mins. right across the bay..

Room Tip: small closet furniture could use a change
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2011

San Diego was the last leg of our California vacation and we wanted to relax, and we found this wonderful Marriott on Coronado Island. Excellent room with a large patio, extremely clean, friendly staff, beautiful surroundings. A short walk up the boardwalk to nice restaurants and small shops. A great pool area where we did relax. A short water taxi or ferry ride to San Diego to explore. Went to the Hotel Del for lunch but I would much rather stay at the Marriott, hands down!!! As a Marriott rewards member we requested a late checkout and even though the hotel was full we were given an extra two hours to checkout. If I'm back in San Diego I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011