“Relaxing stay”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Coronado
Charleston, South Carolina
“Relaxing stay”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel while attending a conference. The hotel location is great, within walking distance to shops and restaurants and pretty much the whole island if you are into walking. The hotel setting is very relaxing. We stayed in a king room which included a sofa bed. The bathroom included a separate shower and a deep tub. The room was well appointed and comfortable. The pool area is quite nice and all of the food (catered and a la carte) we had was excellent. And, there are two ferry options to downtown. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Anything facing the bay is nice. If staying during the weekend, ask about where wedding festivities...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank chugginsone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Reviewed 16 October 2013

being a marriot rewards member, i booked my vacation mostly in marriot resorts. the coronado island marriot was deffinetly my worst marriot stay. the room had no view whatsoever, the bell boys were begging for tips, i had to pay for internet in the room, and it didnt work. (all other marriots gave me free wifi as a rewards member, not this one) and the front desk staff was outright nasty.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank m0ishy
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This hotel was beautiful. The staff is excellent, always friendly and go above and beyond their duties. The rooms are large and clean. The pool area is gorgeous and relaxing. I will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed here for 1 night in September and attended a conference at the hotel. Nothing but good things to say about this hotel, from the service, to the pool area, to the large spacious room, which included a terrace overlooking the pool and the water. I wish I could have stayed longer. Excellent all around.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We will be back for sure! It's a beautiful, older property with lots of landscaping and a really nice eating area outside. There are firepits by the pool and outdoor eating area with comfortable lounging chairs. The spa does need updating and it's tiny. They have bike rentals and it is close to everything. Enjoy the restaurant for it's ambience and just ok food. The breakfasts were better than the dinners. May have been an off night; it was during the week. Very easy access to the bridge; easy to find your way in and out. Not sure about one reviewer about the valet guys; they were very helpful with us and even opened the doors if they saw us coming. Maybe they were really busy that day. The beds were very comfortable and the shower was perfect. It was very quiet. We loved it; no real complaints.

Room Tip: The water views are beautiful at night.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Just stayed here and found it to be a tired, older property that probably had some pizzazz 25 years ago. When I arrived by taxi, three valet attendants watched me take my two bags and walk to the front door. None moved. They watched me drop one bag, open the door, pick up my bag and walk inside. I was astonished as there were three of them and they were not doing anything.

Front desk staff was consistently friendly, although not totally there. When I checked in she was nice, but not very engaging, like she was on autopilot. And when I checked out and she asked how things were, I replied with an honest, "Eh, not great." She gave me an awkward smile and then went on checking me out without asking about my lackluster response.

Room was old. The carpets were stained which is something I find repulsive as heck. And the bathroom was in incredibly poor condition. When I flushed the toilet I had to manually move the lever back up or it would stay down and run interminably. The bathroom sink also had a wonky faucet which would not allow me to run a small amount of water. It would immediately open up to full blast. Only way I could get a slower stream of water was to hold the faucet with one hand.

The housekeepers did a nice job, replenishing everything I used including tea bags which are often overlooked and not restocked.

The building itself was also old and dirty. I understand they are on the Pacific, but the outer building was disgusting. Walking through the hotel to my room (which was at the far end of the hotel near the water) I was amazed at how dirty the structure was.

Luckily I only had to stay two nights. I will not be back unless they do a significant overhaul.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We had a lovely 3 day stay in Coronado. After visiting all of the beaches in the San Diego area Coronado was definitely the highlight- be sure to get down to the beach. The hotel location is perfect, bay views and a nice path to walk along the water to restaurants, shops and water taxi. The breakfasts at the hotel were delicious and service was exceptional.

As others have stated in room WiFi should certainly be complimentary for all guests. And the parking fees should be reduced, expecially if you are staying for more than one night.

If you rent a bike from the hotel be sure to stay on the bike path around town. We headed out toward the bridge and followed along with other bikers on a designated bike path- lovely ride until we had two flat tires on one of our bikes (there is definitly something on this path as we saw four other people in the same situtaion) and we were 6 miles from the hotel and off the island. Do not follow this bike path unless you are up for a long bike ride and possible flat tire. If you do head out toward the bridge stay to the right when you get down near the Hotel Del Coronado so you can loop around the island. The hotel staff were very accommodating in assisting us with this mishap

Room Tip: If you go for a bay side view be sure to ask for a room on an upper floor. Our initial room was on...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
Hotel Marisol Coronado
Pacific Terrace Hotel
Pacific Terrace Hotel
#5 of 279 in San Diego
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,969 reviews

Been to Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!