“Love Love LOVE San Diego - Give 3-1/2 stars!”
Review of El Cordova Hotel

El Cordova Hotel
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Coronado
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Love Love LOVE San Diego - Give 3-1/2 stars!”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Waited around to make hotel reservations. Found this charming hotel on Expedia.com. This is an older hotel but the ambience and activity was buzzing. We arrived when this hotel has their monthly social to allow the guests to mingle with each other. The food was DELICIOUS!

They have a pool, hot tub (a must for me), washer/dryer (coin-operated) on site. They offered free coffee every morning.

You do have to pay either for a parking garage for $8/day or use the parking meters.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank stldebbie2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
las vegas
Reviewed 24 May 2011

This quaint little hacienda style hotel left us feeling like we were in Spain. There are 3 restaurants located within the hotel, along with gift shops and boutiques. Everything we needed was within a 5-minute walk, including the beach.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank thisguy77
MicaJackson, General Manager at El Cordova Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2011
Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad to hear that we left our mark (Zorro reference) on you! We hope to see you again when you return to San Diego.
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 23 May 2011

El Cordova was perfect for us. The restuarant in the hotel was awsome and just feet from our rooms. The beach was just across the street and you could walk to any shop from this location. My wife and daughter use a lot of towels and the hotel was great about getting them as much as they needed. One more thing I really want to say about El Cordova is that my daughter for got her laptop at the room. I really want to say thanks to the house keeper who found the lap top and turned it in. We all forget sometimes who makes up our beds and cleans our rooms. Just want to say thanks to the entire staff of the El Cordova from the grounds keeper, house keepers, maintance and hostess Thank you. To Michael Jackson the Manager Thank you for going out of your way and sending my daughters Laptop via Fed Ex. I will stay and recommend El Cordova every time I visit Cornado. Thanks Again. I hope you give some kind of recognition the housekeeper that found the laptop. Tell her/him, Thank you from the bottom of my heart and because of them and you the manager I will always stay at El Cordova when visiting. Thanks again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Me and my husbands second stay and it was even better than the first! So clean everyone is so nice! Amazing Mexican restaurant right by our room! We didn't get yelled at when we stayed in the hot tub past hours!! :) just all around amazing can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Feels like a small mexican village, with narrow walkways, restaurant in the middle. All rooms I have stayed at had a kitchen which is a big help with 4 kids, also gas grills to grill outside. Close to beach and across the street diagnolly from the Del Coronado, but better for families I think, and cheaper to stay there. It is a little dated, but that adds to the old world charm in my view. Rooms that have windows facing the street can be a little noisy, but usually not late in my experience here.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I was asked when checking out & was brought surveys as not in the rooms & have mailed my surveys for rooms #35 & #36. Small, personable, original Spanish decor, landscaping/flowers were surreal to us desert rats, does get quiet around 9-10 pm as worried about the closeness & small shops, but restaurant was hosing @ 0700 & woke my daughter/grandson in #35. Also was shown in person, on www, & told both would have kitchens & #35 microwave/coffee pot sitting on top does not constitute a kitchen & was charged the same for both rooms, but our kithcen/sitting area was quite quaint & completley stocked. Also thought the 1.5 baths were excellent. Sofa beds need more linens/blankets, I brought my own & the curtins to block light from door & kitchen windows for person sitting on sofa bed. Need double/high quality curtins on bedrooms french doors, staff hotel & restaurant were all wonderful & that was THE BEST SWORDFISH I have ever had in my entire life @ the reception, but the mexican dinner Chimichanga was ok, nothing special the night before..The bed was large enough for 3 people & I liked the top cover over those bedspreads, my husband didn't even come & wanted the downstairs rooms! Could smell the bleach on the towels, but cobwebs up in the corners in both rooms, my youngest son found speed drug pipe on closet shelf in #35, so not sure how much/thorough the cleaning. I did feel very safe there & it was fun, family, etc., during the day & everyoneo shut down, was very respectful @ night. We did have to ask 3 different times, people to get the grooms mother/family some snacks during the outside reception. Parking is a steal @ $6/day ( I paid $23 @ US GRANT in San Diego in Nov.Dec), but when you have what we had going on, they really need to tell you verbally that you have to pay separately & CASH when you check out/ take your vehicle from the underground garage across the street, which had plenty of spaces & you can come & go as you please & also very safe. My son had his dream wedding on the beach/reception there in your restaurant/courtyard @ that what the important issue.

Room Tip: I would stay upstairs the next time.
  • Stayed April 2011
MicaJackson, General Manager at El Cordova Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2011
Thank you for your review of our property. I am pleased to hear that the wedding and reception went well. I am more concerned with the condition of the room. I have reviewed all of your points with my head of housekeeping to ensure that the proper detail and care is given to each and every room. I hope that you will look to stay with us again should you return to the San Diego area.
los angeles
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Cozy,warm and friendly. Restaurants were yummy and shopping was fun and affordable. Best part, you could walk to everything! Can't wait to return....often!

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
MicaJackson, General Manager at El Cordova Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2011
Thank you for the wonderful review. Our staff endevavors to create a comfortable atmosphere for all of our guests. We hope to see you again....and often!