“Quick Turn Around Trip”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Coronado
Lake Forest, California
“Quick Turn Around Trip”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our friends bday party that was there. We loved the room and decor. The staff is really friendly and there are restaurants in the hotel mixed in with the rooms. It is really interesting how the setup is. The only thing that was a downside was that we had gone to bed late and we could hear the cleaning crew early in the morning talking and cleaning up the grounds. The walls are pretty thin.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I booked this hotel for my daughter and I two days before ComicCon. We have a one bedroom suite, which is very quaint (not so much like the picture on their site though). Our couch has a stain on it, the dishes in the cupboard were dirty, and it is impossible to regulate the temperature of the shower. Once you switch it from bath to shower it goes to full hot. We have both taken quick baths, since there is no stopper in the tub. Talked to the front desk, but they didn't seem concerned. The courtyard is sweet and the hotel is right across from the hotel del, which is a plus. For the money ( $301 per night), I would NOT stay here again.

Stayed July 2013
MicaJackson, General Manager at El Cordova Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for the review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and would like to apologize for your experience. We have recently learned that there are water pressure issues in a few of our rooms. We are currently working with a local plumbing company to correct the problem.

I have personally doubled my efforts with the Housekeeping Department to ensure that all rooms are cleaned thoroughly. We strive to provide a clean and comfortable atmosphere to all of our guests. I invite you to contact me directly so that we can discuss your stay.

Thanks again for staying at the El Cordova Hotel.
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We had a delightful time staying at El Cordova during our retreat to Coronado. Loved the architecture and central court yard of El Cordova. Even though it was mid-July we were comfortable with the room AC units. There were a couple of minor negatives: wi-fi was not accessible to Rm. #119, furthest room from the center of the property, so had to go to the court yard to use computer, and I would appreciate a mirror in the bedroom. The only mirror was in the bathroom with no counter; that should be an easy fix. The Cordova was conveniently close to everything and loved all the scenic walking.

Room Tip: upper rooms quieter, but quite steep stairs to climb.
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed in room 33, which was a deluxe room. It was on the second floor and quite. It is one of the newly remodeled rooms. If you are staying in this hotel for a short amount of time and won't really be in your hotel room the whole stay, a deluxe room is perfect. My husband and I stayed here for one night and spent most of our time walking around to see the local shops and enjoying the scenery. We live in San Diego so this was just a nice night out away from home. Staff was amazingly helpful and kind. The breakfast is cereal, pastries and fruit. Don't forget to get your breakfast voucher when u check in, apparently the breakfast is provided by a catering company and they will ask u for your voucher. Overall experience was great... The only issue I had was dust build up on the curtains. I'm allergic to dust so opening/closing the curtains irritated by allergies.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We walked into the Suite #36 and our mouths just dropped to the floor. Around every corner was another gasp of beauty in the decorative design of our room. The kitchen was breath taking. The king bed was especially amazing! The bathroom also was fantastic with a walk in large shower and a little wicker dresser to put our toiletries. And the products they provide for your skin is a great luxury! And did I mention the soft water?! I love this place!!! I can't remember the last time I was so relaxed and slept SO Good! My husband and I will absolutely be back and we recommend the el cordova hotel to all our friends. Thanks to all the staff for another memorable experiance!

• Stayed July 2013
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I have been bringing my daughter and grandson to San Diego once or twice a year for 8 years. We normally stay at two other hotels which we alternate on each visit. Because of an occupancy problem we had to stay a night at a different hotel this year. The room was comfortable, rustic and quaint. The bed was far from comfortable. It felt like it may have been the original mattress when the place was built. The shower was unuseable because no matter how the water was adjusted in the tub, it shifted when changed to the shower. The water temp could not be adjusted properly when in the shower mode. A party was being held, and the noise from the party reverberated throughout the courtyard until the wee hours. The courtyard is nice. The restaurant is really nice for Mexican food lovers. The location is awesome, directly across Orange Ave from the beach. If not for the bed, the shower and the noise, I would stay there again in a room with a properly functioning shower and a comfortable bed.

Room Tip: Make sure there are no wedding parties scheduled. Do not stay in room #45 (it may have been #47).
Cave Creek, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Really enjoyed staying here. we stayed closed to a week and loved it. The room could use some updating but was totally comfortable. Great location...worked well with kids. We will be back for sure!!
Close to the beach...and across the street from hotel Del

Room Tip: ask for an updated room
1 Thank Faith W