“Perfect Location”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Coronado
Damascus, Oregon
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed at the El Cordova for a business conference. It was a perfect location as the Del Coronado is right across the street and I could attend the conference there without spending more money to be in the same hotel. It is so quaint and the old spanish style is so charming. The room had everything I needed, even a kitchen if I decided to cook. It is right on the main street, but you feel tucked away. It's surrounded by shops and restaurants and shops as well. Very short jaunt to the beach too. I recommend this hotel highly and I am sure I will return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
NathanDonison, Front Office Manager at El Cordova Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm pleased to hear your stay was enjoyable with us while attending a business conference across the street. We look forward to seeing you back again, hopefully on vacation next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We visit the island once a year, have stayed at a number of nice places but this was one of the most cozy places. It is right on the main street but the layout makes you feel like you are away from it all. Close to all the shops, beach the big hotel etc. Staff was awesome, provided a great morning treat and coffee all day. We'll be back! Oh and did I mention affordable. Great Value...

Room Tip: Upper rooms are stairs only, very narrow and steep. Just a warning if you have accessibility issues...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you stayed with us and enjoyed yourself on your most recent trip to Coronado. Our location is hard to beat. We hope to see you back again soon.
Flagstaff
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We were visiting Coronado and decided to stay at the El Cordova Hotel. I had called and made a reservation for the One Bedroom for $94, which is a fabulous price. Once we got there, we felt it was way too small for our needs. The wonderful people at the front desk showed us a few more rooms and told us that the one-bedroom suites were on sale for $50 more a night. The one-bedroom suites are wonderful!!! It is like an apartment. Full kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom and a darling paito. We were tinkled pink and would stay there again!!

Room Tip: The one-bedroom suite is well worth the money, especially when it is on sale.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank brook892
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to hear about your pleasant stay at our hotel. Our One Bedroom Suites are a favorite among many of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 5 February 2014

From the moment you arrive and are seated at the front desk to register, everything about the El Cordova is more personal and more unique than the typical cookie-cutter box hotel. The staff is friendly, the rooms are spacious and the food and shopping options located off of the intimate courtyards are excellent. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I chose to stay at the El Cordova Hotel to help celebrate my engagement to my, now, Fiancé! I had let the staff know at the time of booking that I was going to be proposing while out on a Gondola Ride in Coronado (What a wonderful thing to do in the area!) and that by the time I had checked in, I would (hopefully) be engaged.

From the check-in thru the check-out, this hotel was absolutely flawless. They really took advantage of the opportunity to create a memorable experience for my Fiancé and I. The front desk was congratulatory upon arrival, we were given an upgraded suite (No words can describe how amazing this room was!) and to our surprise, when we entered the room we found a lovely amenity waiting there with a hand written card... FROM THE GENERAL MANAGER! What a personalized touch that was.

I am someone who typically stays in branded hotels - Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, etc... And I was not sure what to expect out of this hotel. I have to say, at every turn, this property exceeded my expectations. From the unique and charming character that the property has to the genuine service provided by every team member, I was thoroughly impressed and cannot wait to return.

Thank you El Cordova team for the perfect stay to complete what was such a perfect day.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Congratulations on your engagement!! We are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful time and experience at our hotel. We take great pride in our high level of customer service. Please come back and see us again on your anniversary.
Colton, California
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel is not very noticeable if you are driving but definitely worth seeking out, We found this place online and will stay here again. El Cordova is across the street from Del Coronado and beautiful beaches and walkways. There is shops and restaurants next to hotel, we ate at Miguels (great Mexican food) and Fabrisons Creperie. The hotel has so much charm! We stayed in a suite with a full kitchen, bed was comfy and spacious rooms. The rooms had lots of windows, ours overlooked the courtyard. Monika checked us in and gave us a lovely room and she was always friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel for its location, accommodations, staff and cleanliness.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family