My wife & I stayed here 12 February 2013. As others have written, the desk staff is exceptional. We dealt with three clerks and each was magnificent. Coronado is small; inn location is good. The Bistro seems expensive, but the whole island is so. My issues may be specific to me:
1. The booking was "queen". We were in 108, which I assume to be a mini-queen; used to a Cal KIng, we found this very small.
2. The door has a built in blind. It does not make for a dark room.
3. It is an older building, and this night we had a college-aged swim team staying. I hope they are more graceful swimming than they were walking over my head.
I have not stayed in other Coronado inns & hotels. Perhaps this is exceptional. We found the staff exceptional, but the experience ordinary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Coronado, CA, just across the San Diego/Coronado Bay Bridge from downtown San Diego. Crown City Inn is your affordable choice to stay close to the beach. We have a swimming pool, beach cruiser bicycles, and surf/boogie boards to borrow to play in the water. All rooms have complimentary Wi-Fi internet access. On-site Crown Bistro is a favorite with the locals and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and room service daily. Kids and pets are welcome. Both receive a goody bag at check-in. Don't miss our afternoon "tea" with homemade almond shortbread, oatmeal-cranberry cookies, thumbprint cookies and brownies; and coffee and iced tea bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crown City Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown City Hotel Coronado