Crown City Inn
US$250
US$219
1906 Lodge(Coronado)
US$274
El Cordova Hotel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$418
  • Pool
Loews Coronado Bay Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$213
Loews Hotels
  • Pool
La Avenida Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$221
Orbitz.com
Coronado Beach Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$445
US$384
US$329
  • Breakfast included
Villa Capri by the Sea(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$269
All reviewscoronado islandminimal parkingtiny poolparking lot is smallthe rooms are super cleangift bagbeach cruisersquaint place to stayrefrigerator and microwavenice toiletrieslocal bakeryroad noisedog beachupon checkinreasonable ratesironing boardwithin walking distance
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This small hotel is affordable as compared to most accommodation in Coronado. I have stayed there four times in the last year and have always looked forward to dining at there Bistro. Love the homemade preserves! Breakfast there has always been one of my favorites. They have daily specials and that have seafood, which is a favorite of mine. Friendly staff also adds to the experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
melissawm, Owner at Crown City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thanks so much for the kind review and for staying with us repeatedly last year. That's a great compliment that you'd return to us with all the choices in Coronado. And no, having the Bistro here doesn't hurt either. I love the preserved too, and get somewhat addicted to it, so have to stay away from it usually. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is a nice motel directly on Orange Avenue. This location makes it a bit noisy, with the traffic going by, and you'll probably want to keep the windows closed most of the time. That's the single biggest drawback.

Most of the rooms that I saw are 'average' (I remember seeing one room that was really nice, but the others were more simple), but I don't mean this in a bad way. It's not 'opulent', some of the furniture is dated and the views from the window are not 'scenic'. But there's nothing wrong with anything (other than the noise). And the value (at least during the off season) is excellent. And 'average' rooms at an excellent price were exactly what I was looking for. I meant to spend my time at the beach or walking around Coronado, not in my room.

The pool is, in my opinion, too small to be useful - but why would you use a pool in Coronado?

The most important fact is that it's about a 15 minute walk (3/4 of a mile?) to the beach and an 8 minute walk to the ferry landing. Some people might prefer to be closer to the beach, but I actually liked the idea of having a bit of a walk. Having the option to walk in either direction is a nice feature - I preferred eating closer to the ferry landing side of the island, which was less touristy and quieter. And there's a nice bistro right next to the hotel, which is very convenient.

The people at the desk are incredibly nice. Probably the best I've ever worked with anywhere. They help out with everything, and they were the high point of my stay at the hotel. (Well, of course, the high point was the beach.)

I plan to stay here again on future visits to Coronado.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Frimeur
melissawm, Owner at Crown City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thanks for reviewing your stay with us. What you said was correct; we are not a fancy hotel. We are clean, simple, affordable. We are constantly updating the property all the time, but cannot do it all at once, and this is one way we are able to keep the prices on the lower side. It sounds like you were happy with what we've done so far, and I too am wishing for that new furniture soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We have been staying at the Crown City Inn every time we visit Coronado to escape the heat in Arizona. The rooms have everything we need, as we do not spend much time there, except to shower and sleep. Love having coffee readily available in the morning. We especially appreciate the use of their bicycles. Walking and biking is the best way to experience the island, in our opinion. You must visit "Dog Beach" while you are there. Affordable, welcoming, customer-focused, clean, convenient location...we love it! Looking forward to our yearly visit this weekend!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jennifer R

I hope your stay with us ended up being a good one! The weather has been amazing this Fall; I think the best time to come to Coronado is in the Fall/early Winter because it's warm and not crowded. Thanks for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

we come here every year for the off-leash doggie beach, which is GREAT for our dog but we love it too, since it is the same beach as the HOTEL DEL. and every year we stay at CCInn because it never disappoints. its always clean, it is central to every place you would want to go, the bistro is excellent and the hotel staff is helpful and friendly. it is the only place to stay in coronado for great value and for excellent customer service. and doggy-friendly, too!!! we'll see you next september and we cant wait!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

It sounds like you (and your dog) had a great time! The dog beach in Coronado is a wonderful thing for pet owners. Many of our customers say that Coronado is the most pet friendly place they've ever visited. Thanks so much for your review, and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our family had a wonderful visit here. We loved the free bicycles for riding all over the island, the delicious brunch, the adorable little pool, and the friendly vibe of the inn. The bathroom was all tile and glass, and was gorgeous. It is very clean, and the space is used as efficiently as possible. The charming landscaping is like something out of Dr. Seuss. The rooms are facing the inner parking area, so it is very quiet and secluded. We parked in the alley in back, right across from some tennis courts, and it was very convenient and safe. We had the time of our lives, and would love to visit again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your nice review! It sounds like you had a nice vacation, and I'm happy that a small part of that was because of our Inn. You listed many of the things we offer, but we also offer tennis rackets and balls to use at those tennis courts behind us. I hope we'll see you on your next trip to Coronado.