“Unhelpful front desk staff”
Review of Hotel del Coronado

Hotel del Coronado
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I checked out of this hotel at 5:30 a.m. this past Saturday morning. I needed to get to the airport for a 7 a.m. flight.
when I walked out the front door there were no valet attendants on duty, in fact their booth was closed. I went back to the desk to ask them to call a taxi cab for me. The attendant was quite rude and said that I should have made arrangements the previous evening and that all taxis in Coronado were booked for the day!
this is absurd. a hotel of this standing not having transportation options to get guests to the airport for early morning flights.

Also, there were screaming kids running up and down the halls at all hours of the day and night.
when I called the desk at 1 a.m. to ask that they do something about this, their reply was "what are we supposed to do?"

obviously very poor management of this property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank ArlingtonVAKangaroo
Akeem A, Manager at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

I offer our sincerest apologies for what sounds like a disappointing experience, particularly in regards to the service you requested from members of our team. Rest assured, our guests’ overall comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us, and we’re always willing to go the extra mile to improve a stay. I’m very sorry that your experience was not consistent with that standard.
I hope you’ll give us another chance to earn back your trust.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,626)

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Everyone on the hotel staff was friendly and very efficient. Extremely over priced, however, in the on property restaurants. I believe the hotel needs to for warn guests that when a wedding occurs, the resort caters to the wedding party ONLY! We were pushed aside so the "bridal party" could have a moment:( also, most of the guests were extremely snotty and felt they needed extra attention. I also did not agree with the hotel having certain areas reserved for higher paying customers. I've always been a firm believer of everyone is equal. Overall, I'm rating my stay a 4 because I stayed Tuesday-Sunday and the week days were AMAZING. I would NOT recommend staying on a weekend....WAY OVER CROWDED DUE TO WEDDINGS AND WEEKENDS!

• Stayed: June 2014
Donna G, Manager at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your review of the Hotel del Coronado - we sincerely appreciate your feedback! We certainly never intend to push any guest out of the way and are terribly sorry you received this impression. The Del is a very popular wedding destination - we work diligently to balance every area of our operation so everyone has a positive experience. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel del Coronado.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Absolutely amazing Hotel with history that abounds. The beach is Spectacular and the Beach Service was the best I have ever received, bar none...Absolutely Stunning Beach and the beach area was massive. There were tons of people there, but big enough that I felt like I had my own little private piece of the beach. Chair Service with attentive wait staff and menu available for most anything you could desire. it was a fabulous visit and would return again and again!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Donna G, Manager at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review! We launched Del Beach in May and have received very positive feedback from guests - we're delighted you had a terrific experience and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel del Coronado!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We come to the Del every year summer. This has been a family tradition for the last five years. I love the history of this place. It is gorgeous! You can walk out to the beach, or take a stroll off the property for fun shopping. The elevator man is a family favorite with our family. I love the Del! I look forward to our week here every summer. Yes, it is expensive, but so is Maui or Hawaii (which are other great hotels with wonderful beaches comparable to the Del). The customer service here is also wonderful. Every year we have had a wonderful experience, and I have stayed at lots of places in my life. Whenever I am at a hotel that is less than great customer service, I have to remind myself that it's not the Del or the Wailea Princess. Lol. The set the bar on customer service.

Stayed: August 2013
Donna G, Manager at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for your endorsement of The Del! We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and appreciate you being our guest!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed here as weekend get away. We opted for a room with a balcony and a partial ocean view. It was amazing. We had planned to eat on the island for dinner but opted to eat on property and the food was wonderful and the service was spot on. We spent time on the beach and at the outdoor bar. We explored the hotel and grounds and had a wonderful time exploring the rich history of this landmark hotel.

Room Tip: Worth the splurge for an ocean view room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Donna G, Manager at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind endorsement. And, since your stay in July, 2013, so many upgrades and enhancements have been completed. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel del Coronado!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The above review is my boyfriend's post as he doesn't have a yelp account. But yeah the trip to this hotel pretty much sucked because of this major inconvenience. And as far as I'm concerns this hotel has done nothing to rectify the situation. I would NEVER stay here again. I don't care how popular, historical, and big your company is. You should never make your customers feel like you could care less how they feel or are inconvenienced. That is exactly how they've made us feel. I NEVER write reviews but for this I had too. It's been a month and he is still getting the run-around from them. Had to pay for his own rental that day. What if we didn't have the money for that? The car got stolen on their watch. The very least they could have done was paid for our rental to get back home. Never stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Aaron109

We are terribly sorry for the incident that occurred during your stay with us. Our Director of Loss Prevention is working diligently to make amends for the unfortunate situation. We're working with our insurance company for the best possible outcome. Again, we extend sincere apologies for the overall experience.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at the del multiple times , the best beach in the country , best hotel and our kids love it there .
Restaurants in the area and hotel are great , lots of things to do for kids and great weather .

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Imran A
Donna G, Manager at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you so much! We're delighted you and your family enjoy The Del and Coronado. We sincerely appreciate you being our guests!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
Hotel Marisol Coronado
Pacific Terrace Hotel
#6 of 286 in San Diego
La Avenida Inn
#6 of 17 in Coronado

Been to Hotel del Coronado? Share your experiences!