“Good food, interesting crowd”

Vigilucci's Ristorante Coronado
Reserve with OpenTable
Vigilucci's Ristorante Coronado is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 99 Restaurants in Coronado
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Churchill Avenue
Description: Vigilucci's is located on Orange Avenue next to the famous Hotel del Coronado. Dine with us in our "Oceano" room while viewing the magnificent Pacific Ocean or enjoy our "Murano" room overlooking Orange Avenue (named for the Murano glass chandeliers that decorate the room) while feasting on our authentic Italian ingredient laden entrees. In addition Vigilucci's has a full bar and happy hour is offered Monday through Friday from three to seven pm and Saturday & Sunday from eleven am to five pm. Masculine wood lines the custom made granite bar and lounge, where nightly tunes of the "Rat Pack" can be heard live on our baby grand piano. The "Oceano" room is open for dining or may be booked for parties up to 90 people. When dining in Coronado visit Vigilucci's Ristorante for an authentic Italian experience. -Buon Appetito! Roberto Vigilucci
Gurnee, Illinois
“Good food, interesting crowd”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I was looking for Italian food in Coronado. It was between vigilucci's and sapori. I noticed on another website that sapori did not have a full bar and it didn't appear it had a bar to sit at. Being solo I was looking for a bar to sit at and vigilucci met the need.

I wound up parking near the beach so a 5-7 min walk to the restaurant. I asked about sitting at the bar and was walked to that area. I got there around 8pm and it was relatively crowded. Found a single seat. It was a Friday night and piano player was playing. Even though the windows were open to the outdoor area it was rather warm in the bar area and noisy. I wound up connecting with 3 other gentlemen at the bar (Lenny, Dave, and Bob) mainly due to the fact that they were giving the bartender a some what difficult time about the temperature of the red wine. Due to the conditions it was probably 75+ degrees.

I started with a Manhattan which oddly did not come with a straw. I had the Caesar sale which was not broken down. Large pieces of romaine, cheese, and dressing. Pretty good. I went with the penne with vodka sauce with mushrooms and shrimp. Definitely a winner for me.

Things calmed down as it got later and long story short I also tried some fried calamari and some other wines due to my new bar friends.

I definitely would go back, and also worthy of noting is the wine list.

Atascadero, CA
“Nice Italian option”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Close to Hotel Coronado with better food, service and value than Sheerwater, well worth the 5 minute walk!

Visited June 2014
Coralville, Iowa
“Found by chance and glad we did!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Long, tired day and looking for a great dining experience in Coronado. We happened upon Vigilucci's Ristorante and looked at the menu located outside. We took a chance and were so very glad we did so. The atmosphere was beautiful, relaxing and we had an awesome server who knew the food for the night (what was the freshest and best) and also knew his wines. Highly recommend.

• Visited May 2014
Dorchester, South Carolina
“Great meal at happy hour”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I decided for a light meal/happy hour and stopped into Vigilucci's. They offer free bruschetta at happy hour and there are some cheap options. We got the meatball and the pasta and it was enough for the two of us. Their drink specials were good as well. Overall, we enjoyed it!

Visited May 2014
Leawood, Kansas
“Great find by accident”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was recently on a business trip and had an open evening. Most people were going to the Gas lamp district and we decided we rather hang out in Coronado. Picked Vigilucci's to stop in for Happy Hours. We sat at the bar and it was not very crowded. Bartender was very friendly and attentive as was the manager who was helping out when they got busier. We ended up spending the evening having drinks, dinner, and listening to the the live music. Happy hour wine on special was decent, and the appetizers were good sized portions. The seafood in my pasta was fresh and cooked correctly. Overall it was a good find. I would definitely go back next time in Coronado.

• Visited May 2014