“If going to Coronado, YOU MUST STAY HERE AT 1906 LODGE”

1906 Lodge, A Four Sisters Inn
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“If going to Coronado, YOU MUST STAY HERE AT 1906 LODGE”
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I stayed at 1906 Lodge for 2 nights in early June 2010. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.
It is literally 1 block from everything you need to see and do. FREE PARKING as well.
It's just a few steps (3 minute walk) from the Hotel Del and quite a bit of $$ less.

The staff was amazing. The rooms are new, clean and roomy. The breakfast in the AM was great. If you have never stayed at a bed and breakfast before, make 1905 your first one.
It's a perfect spot for all ages. Do yourself a favor and stay ay 1906 lodge.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 5 June 2010

I stayed 4 nights with my 5 year-old in May, and we had a wonderful time at the 1906 Lodge. We stayed in the Polo Field which is a large second-floor room. The bed was very comfortable, and we had a nice sitting area and plenty of storage, too. There are many things about the lodge that are kid friendly including the spacious rooms, delicious breakfast on site, refrig in the room and easy access to beach and Orange Ave. The staff rocks! They had our names from the minute we walked in the door and were available to help with everything we needed. The location is very convenient yet it is just enough off the beaten path to make it peaceful. We were only around in the evening once to enjoy the evening drinks and snacks, but it was a great time to meet some of the other folks staying at the lodge. I really can't say enough about this place. I look forward to staying again on my next trip to Coronado, and I would definitely recommend it to all my friends. Thanks 1906 Lodge...we'll be back!!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 1 June 2010

So I normally stay at the Del, but after reading the reviews about 1906 on Trip Advisor, I thought I would cancel my already booked reservations at the Del and give this B&B a shot. It exceeded all expectations. The staff was extreamely accomodating and friendly, and the accomodations were excellent. We stayed in the Winchester room which is part of the historic house. The bed was so comfy! Great accomoadtions...great food... great people. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
san diego
Reviewed 31 May 2010

We booked this B&B last minute. Then extended our stay another night. We were so happy to stay here instead of the Hotel Del because 1906 Lodge is calm and quiet. Our family of 4 enjoyed the friendly but low key staff, the quiet, & the cleanliness of the 1906 Lodge. It was easy to walk to The Del, beach, and nearby shops/restaurants. The underground parking at 1906 was great. Our room (Tent City) was fine for 4 (one king and one fold out). With the soaking tub in the room, we didn't miss having a pool/hot tub. It was fantastic to be able to sit on the front porch of our room and look over the interior courtyard. If a top floor room were available, we might pick that because we did hear movement in the room above (as is the case with most places). The breakfast was great as were the wine & snacks in the afternoons. We would not hesistate to recommend this to our family and friends and would most certainly stay here again. It is well thought out and nicely run. The staff was super friendly. The kids are still commenting on how nice everyone was.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Reviewed 29 May 2010

It all started when my husband and I realized that we were coming up on our 1st anniversary and with not much cash in our pockets, we decided that we wanted to stay local. I started looking at hotels on the coast, but didn't want to deal with traffic so I made the determination to look south. I looked at Oceanside and Carlsbad, but nothing looked very terrific. Then a co-worked suggested Coronado... Well, the Del was way too expensive and i knew my husband would never go for that, so i continued searching for other places to stay on the island. I saw all the great reviews for the 1906 Lodge, but it looked fairly expensive. I clicked on their website and found a great deal (buy 2 nights and the 3rd is free with winter rates)... PERFECTO! It was within our budget and close to the beach. The pictures do not do this place justice! You have to see it for yourself to know how fantastic it really is. They told us, when we checked in, to make ourselves at home, well, they meant it. Anything we needed was right there. They even left a bottle of sparkling cider and a Happy Anniversary note with some chocolates. We didn't get the turndown service since we were either in our room or had a DND sign on the door. The breakfast was excellent, gourmet hot breakfast every mornin (changes daily), and fruit, scones (yum!), muffins, coffee, tea, juice. You could sit in the parlor or outside or even bring it to your room. I reccommend this place to anyone who wants to relax, enjoy good food, great scenery, quiet nights, beautiful clean ocean and great service.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 20 May 2010

This is the best place we have stayed in Coronado and will now be the only place we stay!!

Right from the start the inn keepers were wonderful. We had booked a room for two, but changed plans and brought our 2 1/2 year old daughter with too. The inn keeper did not mind or say anything about it. She walked us to our wonderful room (Isabella). It was very bright and had a great window bench and a claw foot tub. The bathroom and the entire room was very clean and everything was high end and new, but with a classic feel. The whole room was very charming. It did not feel like a hotel at all and our daughter kept calling it our "new house".

What topped off our wonderful stay was breakfast each morning! When I called and made our reservation the inn keeper asked if we had any food allergies. I told her was allergic to gluten. I expected a great breakfast for my husband and daughter and the usual choice of yogurt and fruit for me if I was lucky. To my surprise when we sat out on the beautiful patio for breakfast the inn keeper said "you are my gluten free guests" and offered me gluten free bread to make toast, gluten free cereal and made scrambled eggs with cheese special just for me! Over our 3 day stay, the hot homemade breakfast was great! They had egg and cheese stuffed pastries, quiche (no crust, so I ate it too), and carrot cake pancakes! All so good and made fresh for each group that came down to breakfast. We have NEVER had a breakfast this AWESOME at a hotel ever!! We looked forward to breakfast each day. The staff was so nice and treated our family so nice and gave our daughter little treats.

In the late afternoon there was cheese, fruit wine and so many more goodies in the parlor. Something different everyday and many items looked homemade too. The room is so sunny and bright and inviting. A great time to chat with other guests.

For the early morning before breakfast or anytime there was coffee, teas and water on the landing outside our room. Very nice!!

The location is great too. A quick walk to the beach, resturants and shops and still tucked in a quite neighborhood with tree lined streets with beautiful lawns and flowers. There was also free and very secure underground parking. Most place we have stayed that had parking not as good charged us, so this was great.

I can not say enough good things about the 1906 Lodge and its staff!! Our stay was the best ever at anywhere we have ever stayed! The room was amazing, the grounds were beautiful with so many flowers, the breakfast was to die for and the staff was so friendly. A really great vaule for what you get! The only place we will stay in Coronado!!

2 Thank LBJ66
sgilling, Owner at 1906 Lodge, A Four Sisters Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2010
Wow! I am overwhelmed by the wonderful reviews we have received. We opened just one year ago and have worked very hard to earn a special place in the hearts of our guests. The credit goes to our innkeepers and housekeepers. It's a small staff who loves their jobs and it shows in the experiences of our guests. Our only worry is that we hope we can live up to all the excellent reviews!

As I tell guests when they check in and say they found us on Trip Advisor...."our guests have been very kind to us!" Thank you for your support in getting to word out about our little hideaway in wonderful Coronado. Sue (owner)
Alaska
Reviewed 7 May 2010

Such a beautiful experience. Susan was the perfect innkeeper and the staff made my visit exquisite.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank ConnieAlaska
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
Hotel Marisol Coronado
El Cordova Hotel
#8 of 17 in Coronado
Hotel del Coronado
#9 of 17 in Coronado

Been to 1906 Lodge, A Four Sisters Inn? Share your experiences!