“A very good restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stopped in to visit the Bistro because we were curious about the property. The restaurant is cozy and within an easy walk of the main shopping area. The bulk of the dinner entrees were $20 or less; the food was very well prepared. The restaurant is dog-friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to come here again!

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed next to crown city bistro, had breakfast every morning. I loved everything, the waiters, Eva was very sweet. The homemade preserves were always so GOOD. Loved everything.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We visited Coronado for the first time recently and my daughter selected Crown Bistro for breakfast. One of the favorite meals of the trip.

The Lemon Poppyseed pancakes were absolutely delicious. I think my daughter literally licked the plate the sauce was that good. She was concerned that 6 silver dollar pancakes would be too small a serving, my son and I ended up eating a pancake each to help her out.

This is a small restaurant, and our timing was just the right, we got a table outside as soon as we entered. By the time we left, there were 2-3 groups waiting, and we drove by one other time to eat and there were more groups waiting. Try to get there when it isn't busy.

My son and I both had various egg and meat dishes, both were great. The homemade jelly was delicious. My wife is a lover of waffles, and this was the only letdown for us, she thought it was a bit overdone.

There were lots of other items on the menu we wanted to try, and they have a rotating special board as well. I also thought it was going to be more expensive but found it quite reasonable, especially considering the serving sizes.

Go eat here with confidence, but try to time it when there isn't a line as I think you could be waiting a while. I'd also be a little hesitant with a large group unless you catch it at a lull time.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Sit outdoors if you can. Very small place next to cottage lodge. Food was excellent. Large portions. Service was good. Prompt delivery which was great since we were starving!

Next time I have to try the French Toast. It looks amazing!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was the last place we ate on our CA trip recommended by our hotel as we like to not repeat where we eat on trips. The breakfast was great and the place is nice and cozy if we return to Coronado we would but this on the list for a repeat.