“La Terrazza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We stopped in for lunch on a day out in Coronado. We had a table out on the terrace. Service was very good and the food delicious! Lovely! What more can you say. Would definitely go back again or recommend it!

There are newer reviews for Ristorante La Terrazza

Reviewed 16 January 2013

My wife loved the food. The service was great and the setting was romantic and relaxing. Pasta was great, the wine list very broad. Very very nice. I will go again.

Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

The food was amazing and the service was just as good. We had to wait for a few minutes, because it was a Friday night, and the managers checked on us and apologized that we had to wait. All I can about the food was that it was excellent. I would come back here in a minute.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Great atmosphere and delicious food. Make reservations and ask for a table on the roof top. Fun to dine outside.
Just one suggestion: if your server asks you if you want bread, don't get the garlic bread unless you want to pay for it...it is not free and we were not told that information :(.
Don't let that stop you from going because you will miss out on some fabulous food.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

Ambiance beautiful!

Food... We won't go back!
We were served 4 teething biscuits to start.
Stale pieces of bread with oil on the side.
We asked our waiter for Parmesan cheese for the oil. He never returned with it.
I had to ask the hostess for it, who in turn asked the bus boy to get. He brought it promptly.

I ordered Rigatoni with smoked chicken for $18.95.
It was supposed to be in a creamy Parmesan sauce.
It arrived in a flat soup bowl and the most milky Parmesan sauce I have experienced.
I kept hoping it would thicken as it cooled. It didn't.
It had 10 bite size pieces of chicken mixed in.
So, basically noodles in a soup bowl with milk and 10 pieces of chicken for $19.
No spices, no garlic.... Very boring and tasteless!!

My husband ordered the Veal Scaloppine Marsala for $24.95.
He will eat anything and doesn't complain but when he came out and said this is "horrible",
I wasn't surprised. He stated the 3 pieces of veal were medallion size (about 2" diameter) and the wine Demi-glaze was flavorless! He chose angel hair pasta instead of the veggies and potato. He LOVES veal marsala. I was very disappointed for him.

Service ... Horrible. We arrived sometime after sunset so the major dinner rush, if any, was gone.
Our waiter was not attentive, nor, responsive and kept disappearing. As above, we couldn't get the Parmesan cheese from him, my husband dropped his fork and we waited for his return, but if we waited any longer, our food would be cold. We had to ask the hostess again. My husbands cola ran out and he never came around again to see if he could refill it. Very poor service, indeed.

1  Thank N C C