“Dire service”

Rhinoceros Cafe and Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Went here for breakfast on 5th July.

The food was good (I had the Mexican Rhino breakfast, my wife the fruit bowl & yoghurt) but service was very poor.

I know the restaurant was busy but there was plenty on staff. All seemed very disorganised. We were virtually ignored for the first 10 mins, we were told our server was coming which never happened & the old lady that eventually served us looked genuinely gutted to be doing so (the lady with teeth like piano keys...) tea bags weren't provided, I was given half a tea pot of water, water not re-filled, food was slammed down in front of us, etc etc

Don't get me wrong, the food was decent but service was garbage

2  Thank Scott M

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great breakfast, friendly staff, but busy. make a reservation! Great bisquits. We've had 2 breakfasts, and one dinner. Always great value.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We decided to give Rhinoceros Cafe a try for breakfast. Service was prompt. The food was served hot. It was tasty with plenty to eat and reasonably priced. There is a small outdoor seating area. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner although they are closed for a few hours in the afternoon and then reopen in time for the dinner crowd. Check out the menu when wandering by.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had breakfast here today. We were served by Linda who couldn't have been more helpful. We wished we had found the grill earlier in our short stay as we were staying at a local well know nearby hotel where they have an in-house, well know coffee shop, which had crazy prices.
We ate a lovely breakfast. They served proper English breakfast tea and plenty of refills of coffee for my husband, and even one to go.
Although we ate outside, the inside was very clean and also a good environment and they had a good menus. I would recommend this grill if you are in the area. The staff are all so nice and helpful.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Rhinoceros Cafe and Grill are our go-to restaurant in Coronado. We have dinner there on a regular basis and recommend it to our friends. The food is excellent as is the service.
However, today we had lunch with friends and were very disappointed with the service. First, the salads and wine were very good and worth going back for more. The service was poor and I was embarrassed that I had taken friends there having given it such a rave review. The head waitress was training a new one, god help her. The food was tossed on the table. She inserted herself in our conversation and she seemed to think she was our friend and not our waitress. This experience was not up to the level we have come to expect at the dinner hour.
We will be back, but probably not for lunch and we will no longer recommend Rhinoceros Cafe again.

1  Thank Jay A