“The accommodations are awesome, and the customer service is phenomenal!”

Coronado Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 April 2011

I arrived at this resort on the afternoon I needed a room. Erick, the gentleman at the front desk, made a couple calls and was able to accommodate me on short notice. I had made a reservation for a hotel initially that I did not feel safe staying at. So I was in a foreign place with really no place to stay. I would have really been challenged if Erick had not been so helpful. Erick actually called an outside reservation company so I could get a discount on my room, had me speak with their rep on the phone, and was able to give me the members price for the room. I did not even request a discount, and my reservations were less expensive than my initial reservation at a hotel I did not feel comfortable staying at.
I was out of town on business and once Erick found me a room I was able to focus on business. I stayed in a studio. It was perfect; I felt safe, there was kitchenette and plenty of space for one person. They also have wireless internet so I was able to work conveniently.
It worked out beautifully, thanks to Erick! I had a great place to stay and felt productive and relaxed for the rest of my trip.
The accommodations are awesome, and the customer service is phenomenal!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ecollins84

Reviewed 15 April 2011

We booked a 2 bedroom condo with two bathrooms. The rooms and bathrooms were well organized with a kitchenette and almost a full sized fridge. We walked through the lobby and popcorn is popped all day long. My kids loaded up several times a day as they walked by. Our room had hot chocolate, microwaveable popcorn, coffee and tea awaiting us. The kitchenette was fully stocked with pans and cookware and a dishwasher. If we ran out of hot chocolate, housekeeping would bring us more within minutes. Bicycles were also included with the hotel for the whole family. They even supply the helmuts as well for all ages. THere were awesome beach cruisers and BMX bikes for the kids to ride. Parking is supplied downstairs in a gated garage with very easy access and luggage carts are available for hauling all of your family's gear upstairs. You can borrow a DVD from the lobby or play a game of billiard or ping pong upstairs. On the roof, there is a jacuzzi with a view of the beach next to Hotel del Coronado. The beds were comfortable, but you may want to bring your own pillow. THere were so many pillows on the bed, but they were all too thick for me. The rooms were tastefully decorated and the bedding was in pristine shape. We were only a stone throw from shops and restaurants. We dined in one night and had plenty of dishes in the kitchen to work with. I have stayed in a lot of places around the globe, but this place really made me feel comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2011

While lacking in some amenities that are traditionally offered in a "resort", what it lacks for certain amenities it more than makes up for in comfort, quality, location and service (and not necessarily in that order).

These are efficiencies, so they include a partial kitchen (with hotplate, dishwasher, microwave, etc.), but there is a single grill on the roof of this 3-story building as well as a jacuzzi and chaise lounges with a nice view of the Hotel Del Coronado across the street and the ocean. Rooms are studios, 1-bedrooms and 2-bedrooms. We stayed in a 1-bedroom, with a view of the Hotel Del across the street as well as three nests of Great Blue Herons in two different trees. THAT was extremely cool! The place IS on a busy street, so it may not be the quietest location. Essentially, think of this as an urban hotel.

The CBR has a deal with the nearby Loew's Coronado to allow people who stay to use the Loew's facilities (quite upscale). They include 3 pools, tennis courts and an upscale gym and spa. CBR guests get 30% discount on food and 15% on alcohol. CBR offers the free use of bikes as well as free beach accoutrements (towels, umbrella, sand chairs), along with a wagon to pull them onto the glorious beach nearby.

The service is extraordinary. They bend over backwards here to serve you. They have a stated goal of fixing problems within 20 minutes of being reported.

The lobby has a cranky, though beautiful macaw.

The location is terrific, with restaurants and boutiques abounding.

The architecture is really neat and historic, and you're central to San Diego, and couple of hours from L.A., not to mention 90 minutes from Temecula, a terrific wine country with about 40 vineyards open year round.

There is a $12/day activities fee which includes all of the above plus parking.

I highly recommend this.

1  Thank AnalogJ
Reviewed 8 April 2011

My wife and I stayed for three days and loved our stay here! The resort was quiet, clean and the staff was superb...especially Eric who always greeted us with a smile and went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed our visit. The room was spacious, spotless and quiet. The location is across the street from the famous Del Coronado Hotel and it's amazing beach. Restaurants are within walking distance and the sun deck was very nice. There is no pool here but who the heck cares, the beach is across the street and the beachwalk is beautiful. We were very pleasantly surprised and pleased with the accommodations and the cheerfulness of the staff. Excellent stay. Will return again!

Room Tip: I wouldn't want to give away our secret
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2011

check in was quick and easy with lots of luggage carts available, underground parking was very convenient,and the staff were all attentive.
From the resort and the downtown area were in easy walking distance . drive north to Ocean Beach and get a great burger at Hodads.
If you are staying for more than a couple of days opt for a 1 bedroom unit, the studio can become alittle crammed

Room Tip: some 3rd floor rooms have balaconies
1  Thank bthebert
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Our stay at Coronado Beach Resort was so much fun. The management and staff go out of their way for all guests to insure your stay is everything you want it to be. The location is perfect to all San Diego attractions yet quiet enough to have quiet, liesure time. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and view of ocean.
1  Thank merwalSanTanValleyAz
Reviewed 17 March 2011

We had a wonderful long weekend at the Coronado Beach Resort. Great staff and terrific amenities. Everyone was very courteous and helpful. The location is excellent; easy to enjoy the island or the get to San Diego for some emtertainment, museums, etc. When you're there, don't forget to say "Hi" to Cody--she's the real boss (you can't miss her).

1  Thank Doctorzen