“Great Service - Fantastic Location”

Coronado Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Coronado
GreenLeadersSilver level
Temecula, California
“Great Service - Fantastic Location”
Reviewed 23 April 2011

I chose to stay at this resort due to it's location, and I will definantly be returning. The room was great, I really enjoyed the kitchen and jacuzzi tub! Every staff member I came in contact with was smiling, friendly, and helpful be it at the front desk or in the halls. I would absolutley reccommend this resort to anyone traveling to Coronado!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank rosalie2986

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Our unit was small, but we knew that it was a studio before we arrived. But it was beautifully appointed, from the architectural features to the window coverings, to the slab granite countertops in the butler-pantry style kitchenette. A great soaking tub in the bathroom. And even though we had a Murphy bed, the mattress was like sleeping on a cloud.

The rooftop spa, patio, and bbq area were extremely clean, and offered beautiful views.
The resort offers 15 minute service on any maintenance issues, and they delivered it. We needed an extension cord for my hubby's c-pap, and we had one within 5 minutes. The unit was missing a frying-pan turner, and again, it was delivered within 5 minutes.

There is ample parking in the underground garage. The location is right across the street from the del Coronado. Many restaurants are within walking distance, as is the beach.

The staff is friendly, and so helpful with information and directions.
The resort doesn't have a restaurant or pool on site, but offers guests free use of the amenities at the Loew's Coronado Bay Resort, about 4 miles away. We did take advantage of the Loew's Coronado Bay Resort's restaurant discount offered to the resort's guests, and enjoyed their pool area as well.

A wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Book far in advance.
1 Thank flowerbuyer
Peoria AZ
Reviewed 16 April 2011

I arrived at this resort on the afternoon I needed a room. Erick, the gentleman at the front desk, made a couple calls and was able to accommodate me on short notice. I had made a reservation for a hotel initially that I did not feel safe staying at. So I was in a foreign place with really no place to stay. I would have really been challenged if Erick had not been so helpful. Erick actually called an outside reservation company so I could get a discount on my room, had me speak with their rep on the phone, and was able to give me the members price for the room. I did not even request a discount, and my reservations were less expensive than my initial reservation at a hotel I did not feel comfortable staying at.
I was out of town on business and once Erick found me a room I was able to focus on business. I stayed in a studio. It was perfect; I felt safe, there was kitchenette and plenty of space for one person. They also have wireless internet so I was able to work conveniently.
It worked out beautifully, thanks to Erick! I had a great place to stay and felt productive and relaxed for the rest of my trip.
The accommodations are awesome, and the customer service is phenomenal!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ecollins84
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 April 2011

We booked a 2 bedroom condo with two bathrooms. The rooms and bathrooms were well organized with a kitchenette and almost a full sized fridge. We walked through the lobby and popcorn is popped all day long. My kids loaded up several times a day as they walked by. Our room had hot chocolate, microwaveable popcorn, coffee and tea awaiting us. The kitchenette was fully stocked with pans and cookware and a dishwasher. If we ran out of hot chocolate, housekeeping would bring us more within minutes. Bicycles were also included with the hotel for the whole family. They even supply the helmuts as well for all ages. THere were awesome beach cruisers and BMX bikes for the kids to ride. Parking is supplied downstairs in a gated garage with very easy access and luggage carts are available for hauling all of your family's gear upstairs. You can borrow a DVD from the lobby or play a game of billiard or ping pong upstairs. On the roof, there is a jacuzzi with a view of the beach next to Hotel del Coronado. The beds were comfortable, but you may want to bring your own pillow. THere were so many pillows on the bed, but they were all too thick for me. The rooms were tastefully decorated and the bedding was in pristine shape. We were only a stone throw from shops and restaurants. We dined in one night and had plenty of dishes in the kitchen to work with. I have stayed in a lot of places around the globe, but this place really made me feel comfortable.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Salem MA
Reviewed 9 April 2011

While lacking in some amenities that are traditionally offered in a "resort", what it lacks for certain amenities it more than makes up for in comfort, quality, location and service (and not necessarily in that order).

These are efficiencies, so they include a partial kitchen (with hotplate, dishwasher, microwave, etc.), but there is a single grill on the roof of this 3-story building as well as a jacuzzi and chaise lounges with a nice view of the Hotel Del Coronado across the street and the ocean. Rooms are studios, 1-bedrooms and 2-bedrooms. We stayed in a 1-bedroom, with a view of the Hotel Del across the street as well as three nests of Great Blue Herons in two different trees. THAT was extremely cool! The place IS on a busy street, so it may not be the quietest location. Essentially, think of this as an urban hotel.

The CBR has a deal with the nearby Loew's Coronado to allow people who stay to use the Loew's facilities (quite upscale). They include 3 pools, tennis courts and an upscale gym and spa. CBR guests get 30% discount on food and 15% on alcohol. CBR offers the free use of bikes as well as free beach accoutrements (towels, umbrella, sand chairs), along with a wagon to pull them onto the glorious beach nearby.

The service is extraordinary. They bend over backwards here to serve you. They have a stated goal of fixing problems within 20 minutes of being reported.

The lobby has a cranky, though beautiful macaw.

The location is terrific, with restaurants and boutiques abounding.

The architecture is really neat and historic, and you're central to San Diego, and couple of hours from L.A., not to mention 90 minutes from Temecula, a terrific wine country with about 40 vineyards open year round.

There is a $12/day activities fee which includes all of the above plus parking.

I highly recommend this.

1 Thank AnalogJ
Santa Rosa Ca
Reviewed 8 April 2011

My wife and I stayed for three days and loved our stay here! The resort was quiet, clean and the staff was superb...especially Eric who always greeted us with a smile and went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed our visit. The room was spacious, spotless and quiet. The location is across the street from the famous Del Coronado Hotel and it's amazing beach. Restaurants are within walking distance and the sun deck was very nice. There is no pool here but who the heck cares, the beach is across the street and the beachwalk is beautiful. We were very pleasantly surprised and pleased with the accommodations and the cheerfulness of the staff. Excellent stay. Will return again!

Room Tip: I wouldn't want to give away our secret
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Riverside, California
Reviewed 31 March 2011

check in was quick and easy with lots of luggage carts available, underground parking was very convenient,and the staff were all attentive.
From the resort and the downtown area were in easy walking distance . drive north to Ocean Beach and get a great burger at Hodads.
If you are staying for more than a couple of days opt for a 1 bedroom unit, the studio can become alittle crammed

Room Tip: some 3rd floor rooms have balaconies
1 Thank bthebert
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
1906 Lodge, A Four Sisters Inn
La Valencia Hotel
La Valencia Hotel
#5 of 24 in La Jolla
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,136 reviews

Been to Coronado Beach Resort? Share your experiences!