“Best place to stay in Coronado”

Coronado Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Really nice place to stay. The staff are great, the rooms are great, the location is great, and the view is great. I really have nothing bad to say about this place. They have daily activities that are fun for everyone that are inexpensive if not free. The staff are very helpful! The daily popcorn, coffee, and other amenities are just the cherry on top. The great pool room and hot tub just make the experience all the better.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My family and I stayed at Coronado Beach Resort the weekend before the 4th of July. I loved just about everything about this resort. The location, property upkeep, staff and amenities were all exactly what I would expect in a $300+ /night hotel. I didn't even mind the additional $15 per day resort fee for beach chairs, movies and bike use. At that price point however, I expect daily maid service, which they did not provide. I never saw this mentioned in a previous review or anywhere on their website. Additionally, the expectation was that if I used the drinking glasses (or other dishes and utensils) provided in my room, I would wash them myself. Unfortunately, I had already used them when I realized that I had NO IDEA how clean they were because I don't know who washed them last. As I saw once on Hotel Impossible, "If you don't like cleaning up after other people, you may be in the wrong business." In the end, we really did like this hotel but both of those issues really rubbed me the wrong way for the cost of the room.

5  Thank armgiem
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This was my first time on Cornado and it won't be the last. The resort was clean and tidy, the room was too. The staff was polite and very accomodating. We enjoyed riding the bikes the resort provided. My daughter and I had no trouble sleeping because it was quiet and bed was comfy. We were 15 minutes from the zoo and that was the only time we left Coronado. Please do yourself a favor and stay.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Once a year my daughters and I are lucky enough to stay at the Coronado Beach Resort in lovely Coronado, California.
We love the feel of this smaller well maintained resort. It is a quite place where the three of us get to relax and enjoy each others company. The staff at the resort is always friendly and very accommodating. Can't wait to return next year!

1  Thank Cheri O
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Was the perfect mini vacation ever! Most welcoming, relaxing hotel ever. So quiet and clean. Are room was perfect and so clean thanks to Elva. Had all the amenities we needed or could want. Kudos to Michael, Erica and Shana ? the activity director for being so accommadating and making us feel so welcome and comfortable. The hotel location is perfect, surrounded by great resturants, walking distance to the beach. Just can't say enough how much we enjoyed are visit and can't wait to come back again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank CarolynF1973
Reviewed 29 May 2013

A great place to stay. Well equipped kitchen in unit. Full sized refrigerator. Stop at the " major chain " grocery store, and stock up. Make breakfast in unit or a quick walk to Starbucks. Pack a lunch and walk across the street to the beach. Rollerblading or bike ride around the island. BBQ on the roof top deck, then enjoy the beautiful downtown SAN DIEGO city lights while sitting in the roof top jacuzzi. San Diego Zoo and Sea World are 10 - 15 minutes away.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank marla619
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Right across from the Hotel Del Coronado and walking distance to the beach. You can check out towels, beach chairs, umbrellas, beach toys, and bikes...for FREE! Rooms are impeccable and newly renovated. We have stayed there three times over the last six years and have always enjoyed it. Staff is always friendly and informative. For additional amenities, you get free access to Loews Coronado Bay Resort. Overall great value and excellent location.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family