“Sports Bar with a View”
Review of Nicky Rottens

Nicky Rottens
Reserve with OpenTable
Nicky Rottens is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 99 Restaurants in Coronado
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located just across the San Diego Bay on Coronado Island. Experience the best burgers in San Diego County, maybe even the world. Come hungry, leave satisfied. Open 7 days a week for lunch, dinner and late night partying. Breakfast served until noon on Saturdays & Sundays. 14 high definition televisions cover all the major sporting events. Are you ready to get rotten?
Vista, California, USA
“Sports Bar with a View”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Definitely a tours place but they pull it off with reasonable priced food and large portions. Service was average and management was on top of a minor problem. Definitely a place to stop and try for good flavors and lots of food.

• Visited July 2014

“Great burger & wings. Nice sports bar.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Nice sports bar in busy section of town, but food and service were good. I had the Teriyaki wings which were delicious and the Maui Wowi burger was good too. I had ordered it medium but it came closer to well done. Almost all the burgers ordered in our party came to the table cooked more than how they were ordered, but were still tasty. Busy day in the bar with the Brazil-Mexico World Cup game going on, but tolerable.

Visited June 2014
Escondido, California
“Great Food & Service”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stopped in for lunch and enjoyed the food, atmosphere, and great service! Would recommend to friends!

• Visited April 2014
phoenix, az
“Great food at sports bar”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Great burgers! Great warm steak salad. Good tots! Cold beer!
We have been here with a large party and just 2...
For a sports bar you will not be disappointed!

Corona
“Good burgers”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had lunch at Nicky Rotten's recently and it wasn't a bad experience, however it wasn't super memorable, either. The burgers WERE good - I had a peppercorn burger with grilled onions, and it was well prepared and tasty. My wife ordered a burger that came with bacon, and her bacon wasn't really done well. She did say that that burger was juicy and tasty though.

I got talked into the garlic tater tots, and while they were good, I didn't think that they were anything special, and probably not worth the extra $3 to get them. I didn't finish them in any case.

The beer was good and cold, and not overpriced, considering the premium location of the restaurant on Coronado. I also appreciated the fact that many of the burgers were priced exactly the same - I like this because you are more likely to choose what you want, as opposed to what is the better perceived value. It doesn't cost the restaurant a ton of money to add an onion ring, or grilled onions or mushrooms, and I always feel like I'm overpaying for stuff like that, so good on them for the pricing strategy.

Would I go back? Yeah, I would - no complaints. However, I could be easily convinced to go somewhere too, so while it was good, it just wasn't memorable. I'm sure at some point I'll give them another go when I get back to Coronado!

• Visited May 2014