“Pork Belly Po Boy - Delish!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Description: Opened by hot dog lovers, for hot dog lovers. The menu has simple classics for the purists and unusual combinations for the adventurous.
Pelham, GA
“Pork Belly Po Boy - Delish!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

At conference for a week at fancy hotel in San Diego, so I go to Walgreens to purchase some snacks and beer (as I can't afford $5 bags of chips and $7 beers at hotel). I've already paid the parking meter so when done shopping at Walgreens I decide to not move rental car and just stroll the sidewalk and find cafe or sandwich shop. (Some may call me cheap, but I'm on company's expense account and steward their money as I would my own.). Anyway, I walk into Delux Dogs - a long, deep, narrow opening with very spartan and industrial seating. As I'm walking in I'm reminding myself that I don't even like hotdogs, and at that moment my eye drifts toward a single sheet of paper taped to cash register - the daily special - - PORK BELLY PO BOY!!! Need I say more?!?! Fried pork cubes on top of a bed of sliver thin sliced cabbage Cole slaw, a tangy buffalo style sauce smeared onto a soft potato bread type hotdog bun/roll, all topped with chopped dill pickles. Go try it. The rest of the menu looked interesting. If if can get back down there this week, will try the Reuben dog.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Denver, CO
“Great little spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We discovered this place walking on Orange Avenue in Coronado last month while we were travelling in San Diego and Coronado.

They had a few tables outside on the sidewalk and the place looked really cute. There were tables inside the restaurant but it is a narrow, fairly small restaurant and we enjoyed sitting outside.

They have a great menu and my husband ordered The Windy City dog and I had a burger. We also ordered one order of french fries for the both of us. It was plenty of food!

We both enjoyed our food and once we saw their Delux chopped salad we wanted to order it too!

Next time!

Great place we will return!

• Visited October 2013
Gilbert, Arizona
“Yes - gotta try a Delux Dog!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We found Delux Dog while roaming Coronado and it sounded like a great idea so we tried it. I noticed several locals eating there which typically is a good sign. I'm not a super big fan of hot dogs but the large and interesting menu talked me into it and I am so glad. The different variety of high quality hot dog creations will suit virtually any taste and yes, they are indeed high quality dogs. Add the fresh-squeezed lemonade and really, really, really good sweet potato fries and I left very happy. Extra bonus - very reasonable prices! If you hit up Delux Dogs, you'll leave quite satisfied but it won't break the bank. Oh, one more thing - outstanding counter service from a very hard-working, conscientious young man made it a sure bet we will be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Truly Delux”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Try these dogs and you will never go back to "plain" hot dogs. The rueben is my favorite. The also have a selection of craft beers available.

Visited May 2013
Napa, California
“Great hot dog!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I come from the land of good hot dogs and this place was right there!!! The snap dog rocked as well as the BLT dog. Mostly wholesome and outdoor seating. Craving a dog? Come here!

• Visited July 2013