“Celiac Friendly”

Delux Dogs
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Opened by hot dog lovers, for hot dog lovers. The menu has simple classics for the purists and unusual combinations for the adventurous.
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

First I need to say that they have no gluten free bread but I'm used to eating without bread anyway. I ordered the New Yorker (ask for the 100% beef dog it has no filler). There fryers are dedicated so no worries when you order tots of fried and you should try their tots they are amazing.

My hotdog and tots were good. My boys loved theirs so much they ordered a second one.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very good hot dogs and very quick. Made for a very nice and timely snack. My wife and I sat outside with our two dogs and enjoyed our afternoon snack.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

At conference for a week at fancy hotel in San Diego, so I go to Walgreens to purchase some snacks and beer (as I can't afford $5 bags of chips and $7 beers at hotel). I've already paid the parking meter so when done shopping at Walgreens I decide to not move rental car and just stroll the sidewalk and find cafe or sandwich shop. (Some may call me cheap, but I'm on company's expense account and steward their money as I would my own.). Anyway, I walk into Delux Dogs - a long, deep, narrow opening with very spartan and industrial seating. As I'm walking in I'm reminding myself that I don't even like hotdogs, and at that moment my eye drifts toward a single sheet of paper taped to cash register - the daily special - - PORK BELLY PO BOY!!! Need I say more?!?! Fried pork cubes on top of a bed of sliver thin sliced cabbage Cole slaw, a tangy buffalo style sauce smeared onto a soft potato bread type hotdog bun/roll, all topped with chopped dill pickles. Go try it. The rest of the menu looked interesting. If if can get back down there this week, will try the Reuben dog.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We discovered this place walking on Orange Avenue in Coronado last month while we were travelling in San Diego and Coronado.

They had a few tables outside on the sidewalk and the place looked really cute. There were tables inside the restaurant but it is a narrow, fairly small restaurant and we enjoyed sitting outside.

They have a great menu and my husband ordered The Windy City dog and I had a burger. We also ordered one order of french fries for the both of us. It was plenty of food!

We both enjoyed our food and once we saw their Delux chopped salad we wanted to order it too!

Next time!

Great place we will return!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We found Delux Dog while roaming Coronado and it sounded like a great idea so we tried it. I noticed several locals eating there which typically is a good sign. I'm not a super big fan of hot dogs but the large and interesting menu talked me into it and I am so glad. The different variety of high quality hot dog creations will suit virtually any taste and yes, they are indeed high quality dogs. Add the fresh-squeezed lemonade and really, really, really good sweet potato fries and I left very happy. Extra bonus - very reasonable prices! If you hit up Delux Dogs, you'll leave quite satisfied but it won't break the bank. Oh, one more thing - outstanding counter service from a very hard-working, conscientious young man made it a sure bet we will be back.