“4 star cupcakes 1 star customer service”
Review of Coronado Cupcakery

Coronado Cupcakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Coronado
Seekonk, MA
“4 star cupcakes 1 star customer service”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Let me begin by stating that I only bake from scratch and even owned a small wedding/custom cake business for many years so I am very picky about cakes/cupcakes.

The variety here was pretty good. I ordered the white cupcake with chocolate and vanilla buttercream and my husband ordered the chocolate cupcake with chocolate buttercream/icing. Neither of these had a filling.

Both of our cupcakes were fresh and tasty. No complaints about the cupcakes at all from us.

Cupcakes can dry out quickly and if they're not baked fresh every day they will begin to dry out which is why I think there are some reviews stating their cupcakes were dry. Fortunately this was not our experience.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with some of the reviews that state the customer service wasn't very friendly. I got the impression the owner waited on me and she does seem to give off a very off putting vibe like we were an inconvenience to her.

Hopefully she'll read these reviews and make an adjustment to her personality. It isn't easy working with the public...I know this first hand but if you don't have a friendly person representing your company it will ruin you.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank dkelly27

Lawton, Oklahoma
“Try the Banana Nut!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My rating is based on the cupcakes...

This is a small little cupcake shop on Coronado Island. Service leaves a lot to be desired, as the young lady who was working barely made eye contact with anyone who came into the shop while I was there.

We ordered a red velvet, and banana nut cupcake. Both were moist and delicious and the icing was not overly heavy or sweet. Will definitely try a different variety the next time we visit. I do however hope that the service gets better because that is an important part of any dining experience.

• Visited April 2014
San Diego, California
“Bland cupcakes”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

I purchased the smore cupcake and a cup of coffee; both were bland. The cupcake was dry perhaps it wasn't made today. The coffee was hot but not strong enough for my liking. I spent a little over 4 dollars for both items which I suppose for something that turned out to be not so good is not a huge waste of money. I probably would not eat here again.

Portland, Oregon
“I'd take a pass on this one...”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stopped in on a Saturday afternoon to get a "birthday" cupcake for my brother. At $3.25 each, I kind of expect a cupcake to be fresh and actually taste good. Although the filling was pretty good, the "cake" was stale and dry and the frosting was awful. Do yourself a favor and pass on this place. There are much better places close by who take pride in serving good products.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank OregonStrider
Glendale, Arizona
“Nice for dessert.”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Picked up a luscious chocolate and a lemon white cupcake waiting for pizza. By the Ferry Landing. It was about 8:00pm and their selection was dwindling but they were very good.

Visited October 2013