“Fabulous town with a world famous hotel and restaurants to match”

Crown Room Brunch at Hotel del Coronado
Ranked #16 of 103 Restaurants in Coronado
Price range: US$90 - US$90
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dana Place
Transit: Serviced by SDMTS Route 904 http://www.sdmts.com/RouteFiles/routes/pdf/904.pdf
Description: A true feast for the senses, the lavish Sunday brunch in the Crown Room features a chilled seafood bar, regionally inspired dishes, international cuisine and carving stations. Guests also enjoy a gourmet Bloody Mary bar, made-to-order mimosas, and a spectacular candy and dessert bar – complete with a design-your-own donut station. See what makes Sunday brunch at The Del legendary.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My friend and I had lunch and dinner at the Crown Room at Hotel del Coronado and found both to be one of the finest meals we had ever eaten. Everything about this facility is 5 *, lobby, public spaces, restaurants, shops, etc. Although we have never stayed at the hotel (beyond our budget), we like to still see the finest place in an area and at least have lunch there. Our meals were worth every penny and we enjoyed strolling the hotel grounds as well. Highly recommend.

1  Thank kaneira

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I am very particular about my clam chowder and this hotel has the best I've ever had! (Sorry, Moe's in Oregon.) We had a lovely time with excellent food and service. The waiter brought by a couple of old framed black and white photos for us to see of the hotel back in the day. What thoughtfulness! The ambience was delightful and when I asked the waiter to change the music to some smooth jazz, he actually did it. Attention to detail was exquisite.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

If you like to eat...this is the place for you. I love Prime Rib and certainly got my money's worth after the third slice. If you are coming here to eat waffles and eggs you have come to the wrong place. Though those items are offered you are paying so much money that you should really be eating meat or seafood. It is a big room and I did not feel rushed by my waiter. There are a lot of people running around trying to get a serving. Pace yourself when eating here as it will take at least three times of getting up and trying things before you know what all is really out in the buffet. It is better than a Golden Corral but by no means is it a 5 star buffet. It's worth the experience.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Best Brunch we have ever experienced. There isn't anything they didn't have and it was all done to and exceptionally high level for a brunch! We loved it! A must if you are there on a sunday!

1  Thank Megan R
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Went here for Sunday brunch fantastic food some of the best food and deserts price is high but for an occasional Sunday it's not bad
Nice to walk the grounds and hang out by the pool for drinks, worth seeing

1  Thank Fredric C