“Great atmosphere”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Food is good pub fare. Location is great. Service ok, could be better. Great place for people watching. Burgers really good.

1  Thank ShoeGirl87

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We go to McPs every Friday at 4pm for happy hour. Fries, taco, chicken wings. Always pleased with the food and service. Best of all we can take our dog! Great location to sit outside and watch the world go by! Orange wit beer is delightful. Husband gets IPA. Can't beat the value for money.

1  Thank Alison C
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We usually hit McP's Pub every time we visit Coronado more because my husband likes this type of food (run of the mill burgers fries and the like) than because I do. I usually stick with a small bowl of clam chowder while he gets his "junk" fix. If you like pub, sports bar type food, this is the place for you. There is limited indoor (bar) seating, but with the temperate climate of Coronado sitting outside is enjoyable. The location is on the Del Coronado end of Orange Avenue and right where the Trolley stop is, walking distance from all attractions.

1  Thank TRL54
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

It is a family tradition to eat at McP's when we stay in San Diego. The food is great. Comfort food at its best. Good prices and friendly service. We always sit on the large patio when the weather is beautiful!

1  Thank 116RyanM
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was initially a little hesitant to go to Mc P's because it was the restaurant mentioned several times on the trolley tour and I worried it would just be full of tourists and crap food. (yeah.. I'm a tourist, but I love good food.) Anyways, we went here because my husband didn't feel like wandering around looking for something else & I'm glad we went! My reuben was fanfreakingtastic. Seriously. The best rueben that someone else has made for me in ages. I'm just sad I couldn't eat it all and had to waste 1/2 since I couldn't reheat it at the hotel. The drinks and beer were fine & more reasonably priced than most places in San Diego.

The best part was that they were having live music the day we went and we accidentally got to see a really great band.

Our waitress was stretched thin even though there were other waitresses & busboys all over. The patio was just slammed with people and dogs. However, she was friendly enough towards us and got our order correct. I don't think I would bring my dog here though since it did get so crowded the bigger dogs seemed to just get in the way. The restaurant did have water bowls for dogs which I thought was great.