“Lovely Restaurant”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I enjoyed Nicoise Tuna sandwich very much. I found the restaurant sort of fancy in a casual way and found the server very friendly and helpful. I did not try any pastries but they sure look wonderful. The restroom could have been cleaner but I would definitely go there again. I might add that this was my second visit to this restaurant. On my first visit, I sat for a few minutes and as no server approached, I left. You are expected to set yourself but there is no sign.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

If in Coronado and you are looking for a casual dining environment with good food this is your place. They have both inside and outside seating, dog friendly outside, nice attentive staff.
I only have experience with DInner which was the Flat Iron Steak, which was delicious.

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Eat here all the time. Breakfasts are OK, lunch good to great but I think they shine at dinner. Reasonable prices, try the flank steak from the regular menu and whatever fish on the specials. I think the dinner crowd are mostly locals. Many bring their dogs to the dog friendly patio..it appears that the lower reviews are from the " I just came on the ferry and came here for breakfast or lunch " crowd

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Although they have some savory items - we went for the sweets and coffee.

The pear scone was fabulous. Chocolate croissant also a hit. Picked up a few of the chocolate/mint lava cookies. Slight crunch and heavenly soft on the inside.

Their breads looked amazing. Could have purchased one of everything.

Great place for a sweet breakfast -
Skip the restaurant for your dessert and come here instead.

Coffee was excellent. Cappuccino on the small side for the price.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Amazing! I can't truly find words to describe the desserts and pastries at Tartine. We found this gem by accident on our visit to Coronado Island. It was the closest place to the parking spot we found. How lucky we were to find Tartine! We were in San Diego for 5 days and visited Tartine 3 times within that time frame. The first meal I had a chicken curry salad, and my husband had the chicken curry on a sandwich. We split a piece of cheesecake that was "divine". It was the most incredible cheese cake I have ever had. We went back two more times for breakfast and enjoyed their quiche. The wait staff knew who we were by the last visit. We even took a box of cookies home to Chicago with us!

There is great comfortable seating inside or outside the restaurant. All the menu items seemed tempting. If we lived in San Diego, I think we would go to Tartine at least once a week! if you live in the San Diego or Coronado area, please do yourself a favor and visit Tartine!

Been to Tartine? Share your experiences!