“Ocean Front at the Del”
Review of Sheerwater

Sheerwater
Reserve with OpenTable
Sheerwater is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 105 Restaurants in Coronado
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Experience the warm ocean breeze and iconic California sunsets at our DELightful beachfront Coronado restaurant, Sheerwater. Enjoy fresh local seafood, savory smoked meats complete with housemade barbecue sauces and slaws, sandwiches and salads, plus an expansive breakfast buffet and a special kids menu. Serving breakfast, lunch, cocktails, light fare and dinner daily.
Reviewed 9 November 2013

A nice ocean view setting at the Del. A good hotel fare menu, but can pricey for what you get. A much better choice for lunch or Sunday brunch, especially if visiting for the day. Sunday reservations are essential. Always request outside seating.

Barry B, Manager at Sheerwater, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

We are delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience and appreciate your recommendations. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This restaurant gives guests the opportunity the sit and dine outside with a view of the ocean. The wait staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

1  Thank imAngelfish

Thank you for your endorsement and we are pleased that you have enjoyed our oceanfront setting. As we strive to provide legendary service, we appreciate your recognition of our exceptional staff. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

When we are visiting sunny Coronado (usually trying to escaping chilly & rainy winter weather in our beautiful home State of Oregon :) we really like to eat outside at the Sheerwater restaurant at the Hotel Del. :)

The restaurant has a great airy atmosphere at lunch or dinner; whether dining inside or out.

It is a relaxed place with a tropical feel, very family friendly but the waiter are dressed smartly and are very helpful. Also, the chairs are comfortable, very important for me these days.

It has that kind of laid back feel, nobody is rushing you out of your seat and the restaurant can get very busy, esp. on weekends (make sure to call ahead or make reservations if you need a specific time.

Food is on the spendy side but location is everything. :)

Sitting outside for lunch or dinner, there are always heaters available if the breeze from the Ocean - which is steps away - gets a little cool :)

I highly recommend this restaurant; our family has eaten here many times over the past 20 years and never had a complaint about service, food or location :)

Did I say (I know I did, lol ) that this is just steps away from the beach and it never gets old going for a walk along the beach path or a late night stroll on the beach :)

Enjoy :)

Cheers, T. :)

1  Thank TeeC100
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had time for a quick drink. The drinks and food were okay. You really go for the view and to experience the hotel.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was out in San Diego visiting a friend and had heard from many people at home that the Hotel Del is a must see. It was my birthday, we had lunch in their Sheerwinds restaurant on a covered patio. The service was efficient and friendly. The food was excellent, my friend had a salad with persimmons and a soft cheese (don't recall the name) and a fish entree that he enjoyed. I had a calamari appetizer that was lightly breaded, tender, and served with a tomato ginger salsa that was excellent. I had duck tacos for my entree that were meaty, topped with an apple slaw and on a (I believe) pumpkin puree altogether a complex delicious blend of tastes and textures which I would definitely eat again. We both had their pumpkin creme brulee for desert that was rich,smooth, delicious with coffee. We both enjoyed the atmosphere, food, and service.
Then we walked down to the beach and I got my first close up look and feel of the Pacific ocean

Been to Sheerwater? Share your experiences!