“Your wallet will be light, but your stomach will be full”
Review of Sheerwater

Sheerwater
Reserve with OpenTable
Sheerwater is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 103 Restaurants in Coronado
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, View, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Experience the warm ocean breeze and iconic California sunsets at our DELightful beachfront Coronado restaurant, Sheerwater. Enjoy fresh local seafood, savory smoked meats complete with housemade barbecue sauces and slaws, sandwiches and salads, plus an expansive breakfast buffet and a special kids menu. Serving breakfast, lunch, cocktails, light fare and dinner daily.
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent breakfast buffet with just about everything you could want. Expensive at $26 or thereabouts per person , gorgeous view is happily, free.

Barry B, Manager at Sheerwater, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your breakfast at Sheerwater. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I love the breakfast buffet on Sundays! The location is great with an ocean view and the food is delicious. I have always received excellent service. I prefer the outdoor seating area- wonderful ocean breeze.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had two buffet breakfasts in this restaurant. Lots of choice and everything was fresh! Very clean and great staff.

Barry B, Manager at Sheerwater, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

We’re delighted that you enjoyed your breakfast at Sheerwater. We appreciate your recognition of our staff and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were seated and within 5 minutes the waitress greeted us and told us the water would be here soon. My first impression was this is going to be good since last night we went to another restaurant for dinner, 20 minutes later after seating before any one greet us or served us water. We ordered simple meals, my was Cesar salad with chicken and a sandwich for my wife. I also asked for a cup of coffee. 15 minutes past by but no coffee; I saw our waitress and reminded her of my coffee. She said; "Oh yes, it is coming." I waited for another 10 minutes and saw my waitress served drinks at other table and ran back and forth to the kitchen but no coffee. I saw a gentleman escorted guests to the table so I asked him to please remind my waitress of my coffee. Within 5 minutes a hostess brought over a jug of coffee and a cup. She offered to pour me a cup but I saw that the inside of the cup was dirty. I pointed out to her and she was apologetic about it and got me a new one. Finally our food arrived, my salad was so bad I could not even taste the dressing on my salad. The portion was quite large. My wife's sandwich was OK. Our waitress has never came back to check on us about the food nor offered to refill the water or coffee. Needless to say, we will never come back to this restaurant again.

1  Thank d2s1c2j
Barry B, Manager at Sheerwater, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

We appreciate your comments and apologize for the unacceptable and inconvenient service issues you encountered. We will share your review with the appropriate management so we may make the necessary improvements. Thank you for your valuable input.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

After having a beautiful afternoon at the outside lounge at hotel Del, we asked our super nice server Samantha where to go for seafood. She did not steer us wrong. This meal was the best any of our group had since arriving San Diego Fri. The three of us shared lump crabmeat (not crab cake) for an app. Then we told server Mary that we wanted to share arugula and pear salad so she told us she'd bring us the full lunch portion. It was perfectly dressed. The pears were gently sautéed and candied pecans always add to a salad like this. Then our entrées were the sea bass and the salmon. I'm not exaggerating this sea bass melts in ur mouth. It's served over creamy delicious polenta and the salmon was moist and flavorful. The salmon skin was very crisp and served up side which was a nice presentation. Had a great bottle of Malbec, only $40, how affordable for a very nice restaurant. The bread basket had perfectly toasted ciabatta bread, very soft inside. At the end of the meal I ordered espresso and Mary went over to the hotel Starbucks for me, I think there machine was down or something. My point is HOW NICE!!!! Too bad cab driver back to ferry had to b a crazy polish want to argue jerk!!! Do not try to make lite convo w/ this guy. Good ferry ride tho.

Barry B, Manager at Sheerwater, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for your enthusiastic endorsement. As we strive to provide legendary service, we appreciate your recognition of our great staff and will share your kind comments with Samantha and Mary. We look forward to your return.

Been to Sheerwater? Share your experiences!