“Sumptious cuisine amid Victorian splendor”
Review of 1500 OCEAN

1500 OCEAN
Reserve with OpenTable
1500 OCEAN is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 105 Restaurants in Coronado
Price range: US$30 - US$70
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, View, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dana Place
Transit: Serviced by SDMTS Route 904 http://www.sdmts.com/RouteFiles/routes/pdf/904.pdf
Description: Inspired by its beachfront setting, Hotel del Coronado’s signature restaurant 1500 OCEAN spotlights California Coastal cuisine with fresh local ingredients. Start with a craft cocktail at the Sunset Bar overlooking the Pacific, and then venture inside for an epicurean adventure of seasonal dishes by French Master Chef Patrick Ponsaty paired with exceptional wines.
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Set within the iconic Hotel del Coronado, or "the Del" as it is affectionately known, the signature restaurant, 1500 Ocean, is a memorable experience both visually and gastronomically. The restaurant is positioned so that diners can take full advantage of the stunning sunset over the ocean. The food is creative and delicious! We started with the burrata caprese served with pine nuts and truffle oil. It was light and delicate. The seared diver scallops were immense and bursting with flavor with toasted almonds, haricot vert, and brown butter. The mushroom risotto was a delectable dish of mushrooms, mascarpone, thyme and porcini essence. But the most amazing selection of the evening was the charred brussel sprouts! They were drizzled with caramelized brown sugar according to our server, and they were the best we have ever tasted. They are an absolute must! The wine list offered a number of pretty reasonably priced offerings. We were celebrating an anniversary and our server brought us a chocolate dessert that was decadent beyond belief. The entire atmosphere surrounding a meal here is one that makes for a very special evening.

1  Thank circe64

Reviewed 30 September 2013

You know you're in a special place when your server addresses you by name. The food, the caprese salad and squash blossom appetizers to the ribeye steak and sea bass entrees were done to perfection. The rather large crème brulee and sorbet trio were terrific. Our server was
as good as it gets. Would eat there every night if I could!

1  Thank Pat M
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I decided to celebrate our 22nd anniversary at the Hotel Del Coronado while we were in San DIego. We thoroughly enjoyed the dinner - squash blossoms were amazing and I loved my ribeye too. We were seated just inside but near the window and our waiter was quite adept. He was helpful without lingering. It was a treat.

1  Thank Laneymac
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We booked a table ahead of time, but they tried to seat us more or less inside which kind of defeats the whole object of being at the beach. They did move us when we asked though and that table was nice. Good service, but the food was pretty average - my son's fish smelled very fishy which to me is always a bad sign.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

My husband and I ate here our first night at the Del and we enjoyed it very much. It happened to be restaurant week and the food was delicious. There were a few items I was able to try that I've never had before because of restaurant week and I loved it! We had a very nice evening. The best part of dinner was our server, Josh, who gave us some great tips on where to go and what to see. We appreciated this due to the fact that we were only there for four days and were trying to make the most of it. We had a great vacation and experience overall because of him. He was also an excellent server! No compaints here, best meal of our vacation!

Been to 1500 OCEAN? Share your experiences!