“Coronado's Best Bet For Breakfast”

Villanueva Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 101 Restaurants in Coronado
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
“Coronado's Best Bet For Breakfast”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

If there is a better place to have breakfast in Coronado, then I have yet to find it. This place has great omlettes and world class muffins among other offerings. What else can you ask for? I have never eaten anything but breakfast here, so I can't comment on their lunch options. Get here relatively early in the morning, before 8:30 and you should have no problem getting a table. It does get crowded and you could wind up with a tray of food and have no place to put it. You order your food at the counter and it will then be brought to your table when ready. Just don't feed the pigeons that sometime congregate nearby the outdoor tables, probably looking for leftover crumbs from those delicious muffins.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Bulls76

Gleeson. AZ
“Good Food Self Serve”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Interesting concept for me, order at the counter then your food is delivered. Very small restaurant and popular so you could find yourself placing an order with nowhere to sit. We were fortunate enough to have found a spot after we ordered. The food was well prepared and nice portions.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Greg B
Phoenix, AZ, USA
“No sign outside saying kitchen closes near 2:30; inconsistent food -- 2.5 stars”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We arrived about 2:20, sat at a table outside and chose our meals then proceeded inside to order only to find out 4 out of the 5 of us could not get what we wanted because the kitchen closes near 2:30 and they could only serve sandwiches. We all switched our orders and had some type of sandwich. Three of the five came out with some sort of pasta salad as the side then the final two sandwiches arrived with a side of fruit salad. We asked for pasta salad on one of them instead and the server wasn't sure there was any. When she brought it out, it seemed like the bottom of the container and then found a dead 4 centimeter spider in it. Needless to say, my appetite was gone by then. When brought to the server's attention, they were completely apologetic, offered a dessert on the house (which I declined) then offered the return of my money. I don't complain to get something for free so I declined both a free dessert or the return of my money. As for the other food, four out of five of us had the same sandwich -- the Silver Strand -- which is a take on a Rueben. The bread was good but the meat (corned beef I believe) was extremely fatty and couldn't be eaten without worrying about what you were ingesting. I wouldn't return but do have to say some of the bakery items looked delicious inside the cases. Unfortunately for me, my first impression wasn't good and there are other options I'd try before ever visiting Villa Nueva again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank alsobidingmytime
“I think I ordered the wrong item!”
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Although my Breakfast Croissant was delicious, when I saw the French Toast delivered to the next table, I now know what I will order on my next visit!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank 64peter
Brisbane, Australia
“Good food, horrible cappuccino”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This coffee shop/deli is in a good location. Best enjoyed sitting outside.
I had a divine croissant and ice tea. I was happy! Hubby had a sandwich and 'cappuccino'. He enjoyed the sandwich but said the cappuccino was worse than 711's.

• Visited June 2013