“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Coronado
Poway, California
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I am going to review this hotel for what it was. A nice, clean, affordable place to stay that is a block from the Coronado Brewing Company and 2 blocks from the bay. It is not a fancy hotel like the Del (but... it is $700/night cheaper.. soo...), we loved our stay and appreciated that they have continental breakfast to get a jump start on the day. Our room felt recently renovated, very clean and modern.

This is the best place to stay if you are just looking to stay in Coronado without breaking the bank. You seriously can't go wrong with staying in Coronado!

Room Tip: The Island Inn is the sister hotel of the Coronado Inn across the street and it is even more afforda...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Jacques S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Fernando, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The outside of this hotel is pretty shabby, parking and traffic are a nightmare, and you have to go across the street to register and checkout, but I must say that I appreciated the attempt to make the inside of the room as clean, cozy and comfortable as a small, "inexpensive" hotel could be. It's in a great location and priced below most other property on Coronado Island. We only saw one employee, and that was the person at the registration desk across the street. We did not find the complimentary breakfast, and were not directed to it by staff. I would only stay again if I had to.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank LindaCampanella
Sudbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Coronado Island Inn is centrally located and a wonderful value for the area. The room was very clean with crisp cotton sheets and a comfortable bed. It's a quick drive from the beach or the city, easy to find and with pleasant, helpful staff. A basic continental breakfast, central location and moderate price it is fine for a night or two.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TwoTravelers21
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 13 October 2013

A simple nice hotel for the money. Nothing fancy, but it will do considering the price and location. I would stay there again. A little street noise, but not nearly as bad as I expected from its location right by the street. Great value.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Brad_D_H
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here this past weekend, along with another couple we are friends with, and I have nothing but good things to say about the place! The customer service was wonderful and the manager was awesome! Really an excellent value for such a great location!! We will definitely be back and are looking forward to our next getaway to Coronado Island!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank AcChAc
San Diego
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed here for work travel. I was in the "annex" across the intersection. Traffic noise wasn't as bad as I expected, but the bed was TERRIBLE. The entire room is run down looking, it has a window A/C unit stuck in the wall, and the bathroom vent fan is connected to the light so fan runs the entire time the light is on - very noisy! I left after one night for a room at the Marriot that was ONLY $4 more for a government rate and obviously was about 1000 times nicer... I had no issues with wifi or the water buy my coworker 3 doors down couldn't connect to wifi and had to take a cold shower!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank AEBoyd

Travellers are raving about these Coronado hotels

Planet Earth
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for Comicon - other reviews are actuate as to bad wifi (apple devices would not connect) sulfur smell coming from water - ran sinks and toilets and it largely went away. I never received an email confirmation on my room had to call and confirm it went through. Room description said there was fridge and microwave but only had fridge, room was quiet enough being on one of the busiest intersections on Coronado. Room was size of postage stamp. Two beds, fridge, tv, night stand bathroom. Outside security lights shine into room windows at night. Shades would not block it. I finally went out and unscrewed the bulb for the night. I was good a put it back in the am. We arrived and an HBO guide was on our bed. HBO was no where to be found on the TV. Called desk to ask what channel it was and they did not know but promised to call back. Never heard from them again. Location was walking distance to Ferry landing and a few shops and restaurants. The place has room for improvement for sure and I had low expectations going in so it did not shock me badly. I would only stay here if I needed a basic bed for the night and nothing else.

• Stayed July 2013