Glorietta Bay Inn
  • Breakfast included
Crown City Inn(Coronado)
El Rancho Motel(Coronado)
1,002 results
All reviewsmansion roomsacross the streetcontinental breakfastmusic roomsunset roomginger snapshotel del coronadoold mansionyogurtcookies and milkhard boiled eggswithin walking distancecoronado islandgarden suitesan diegoone bedroom suitestandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This inn is across from Hotel Coronado and the a short walk to the ocean. The accommodations werenspacious, clean, well appointed. There are a lot of restaurants nearby and we enjoyed our stay. We would stay there again when we visit the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cpmxl
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I loved my stay, I asked for a quiet out of the way room and that's what I got...I loved the boutique feel and the children were all well behaved. the only complaint I have is the pool was very small, every afternoon it was packed and no chairs!! that was disappointing, please Glorietta more chairs...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank lesliet75
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We have a suite booked and I thought for sure it would be lovely based upon our first impressions of the lobby. We were so sadly mistaken. The room was tired and worn with a slight musty odor. The door had the outline of an old security lock, but there was not one on the door. The bathroom counter was stained and there were paint marks in the bathroom from multiple coats of paint. I completely understand how the other reviewer compared this place to an old Holiday Inn. Our room as in the annex, so perhaps the mansion is nicer, but we were really disappointed. Fortunately, we spent most of our time out and about, so the room was mostly for sleeping.

The staff was great, however. They were professional, courteous and helpful. The continental breakfast was good and the coffee, which was available throughout the day was fabulous. Seriously, it was the best coffee! In the afternoon, there was also tea, lemonade and cookies.

The location is good, and we were able to walk to dinner a few nights. There is a gelato place just a few blocks away that is awesome!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Bruins-Fanatic
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed here at the end of July in the Lurline room #106. Originally, we had booked a bay view king with a balcony. At check in, we found out our room had been given away, so we were upgraded to the mansion. I was not happy, as I wanted the balcony, but it turned out to be fine. Our room and bathroom were big. The bed was comfortable, too. The breakfast was good, with the exception of the fresh fruit. The mansion rooms get turndown service with some of the best cookies I have ever eaten.

There were activities for children (clown one day a week, and reptile show another day) that I thought were a great idea. We did see the clown, and she was wonderful. The pool was very small, but it never seemed crowded. There was even an ice water pitcher and swim diapers for guests to use by the pool. The location is excellent, with the Del right across the street, and shopping and restaurants on Orange Ave. within walking distance. (Moo Time ice cream is great!)

This was our first time visiting San Diego, and we were very impressed with the Glorietta Bay Inn. The service was amazing, and ALL the staff were so helpful and friendly. We even made our reservations for next year while we were there. Looking forward to it!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank srp2775
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We loved this hotel. There were 6 in our party. We had a two bedroom suite. The staff was very friendly. We had access to the Del across the street. Great vacation spot!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family