Glorietta Bay Inn
1906 Lodge(Coronado)
US$274
US$244
US$181
Loews Coronado Bay Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$192
Loews Hotels
  • Pool
La Avenida Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$260
  • Restaurant
US$424
US$384
  • Pool
Crown City Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$182
El Cordova Hotel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$305
Priceline
  • Pool
Villa Capri by the Sea(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$233
1,005 results
All reviewsmansion roomsacross the streetcontinental breakfastmusic roomsunset roomginger snapshotel del coronadoold mansionyogurtcookies and milkhard boiled eggswithin walking distancecoronado islandgarden suitesan diegoone bedroom suitestandard room
Reviewed 18 January 2008

We stayed here one night before a cruise and enjoyed it very much. They even gave us an upgrade. If you call the hotel to book they give you a discount (senior, AAA). It was raining very badly the morning we were to check out and our cruise embarkation was going to be delayed so the hotel was kind enough to let us have a late 1pm checkout.
Their breakfast was excellent, with a wonderful selection and cozy dining area. We would like to go back in summer for a longer stay when it is warmer. Coronado is delightful to walk, many great restaurants and shopping. We had been to San Diego before but prefer this area.
Our room had a nice little patio and the traffic noise was a little busy during the day but the front desk told us to calms down, which it did and was quiet in the evening. Highly recommend it.( It is across the street from Del Coronado which is very much higher in price and dark, too busy inside) You can walk to a nice beach here also.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank inthemoment
Reviewed 2 January 2008

My wife and I recently stayed at Glorietta for a post-Christmas vacation and had a great time on Coronado.
We had an early flight from Seattle and were very surprised that our room was ready for check-in at 11AM. We were expecting to leave our bags at the desk and head out for the day. Instead we settled in and had a full day of relaxation.
Employees were friendly from the front desk to maintenance. And we enjoyed the breakfast. The fare was getting a little monotonous by the third morning but sitting on the patio in the sun with good coffee was a plus.
Our room facing the pool was clean and comfortable. Price was OK. The only complaint was noise transmitted through the patio and entry doors due to single pane glass and lack of seals. However we slept fitfully with earplugs.
All in all, we had a relaxing time due in part to our stay at the Glorietta.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TommyMT
Reviewed 6 December 2007

I promised my self to write a review for this hotel. It was on Thanksgiving, we drove from Phoenix to Coronado. i stayed in this hotel for a night. I stayed in a deluxe room with 2 big beds , with my husband, my 2 mos old daughter and my mom.
Even the great thing was started from making a reservation. I get a deluxe room for a standard room price. Wow, the different is about $50. I got the early check in time(this is very helpful especially if you have a baby that need to rest for a long drivetime). The staffs were very customer oriented (Raj) and warm. The lady who took my call to ask for early check in, still remember my voice when i checked in!! Great room, great amenities, very clean and very comfortable. The beds were snugly fit to our restless body..Maybe it was the luckiest time for us, coz we get a beautiful room with good view (in front of the pool), in the 1st floor, near vending machine,and near lobby. so, it was very comfortable for us.. The hotel just near the beach, the breakfast were great and free!! (never had the breakfast like that for a room price like us). We had breakfast in the mansion's lobby, it was very memorable, i still remember cute birds who stared at us when we had breakfast that morning...i recommend this hotel, and absolutely will comeback again..check out my candid picture of our room!!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Indonesiagirl
Reviewed 26 November 2007

My family of 4 stayed at the Glorietta Bay Inn over Thanksgiving holiday. We booked a one bedroom suite which was perfect for us. There was one bedroom in the back of the room and then a sitting room with a convertible sofa in the front. The rooms were connected by a long hall and the bedroom had a door which made it very easy to put the kids to sleep early and not worry about waking them up when you moved around. The sofa bed was fine for our 2 boys (ages 3 & 6) but would not have been practical for much older children or adults. There were 2 bathrooms - one with a tub and one with a shower. Neither were big but they were functional. There were tvs in both rooms and a small fridge and microwave in the front room.

The hotel continental breakfast was fine for us - cereal, muffins and other pastries, yogurt, fruit, coffee, juice. There was no hot food but a microwave & toaster if you wanted to heat things up. We ate there every morning.

The hotel service was excellent! One morning I requested extra towels to be sent "sometime that day, no rush" and they appeared in less than 5 minutes. The grounds were very well kept and the location was great. The hotel is directly across from the Hotel del Coronado - easy walking distance to their beach, shops and restaurants. Also easy walking distance to the restaurants and shops in Coronado and only about a 10 minute drive to downtown San Diego.

I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank 2Hoyas
Reviewed 28 October 2007

Charming hotel. Nice breakfast area. Attentive front desk staff. Within blocks of nice restaurants and the beach. They even mailed my postcards for free! My only complaint is the low lighting in our room.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple