Glorietta Bay Inn
La Avenida Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$221
Hotels.com
1906 Lodge(Coronado)
US$274
US$250
US$219
Loews Coronado Bay Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$235
  • Breakfast included
US$337
US$277
  • Restaurant
Coronado Beach Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$336
US$296
  • Beachfront
El Cordova Hotel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$418
US$445
US$384
  • Pool
Villa Capri by the Sea(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$269
1,005 results
All reviewsmansion roomsacross the streetcontinental breakfastmusic roomsunset roomginger snapshotel del coronadoold mansionyogurtcookies and milkhard boiled eggswithin walking distancecoronado islandgarden suitesan diegoone bedroom suitestandard room
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My husband and I just got back from a four night stay here. We splurged and stayed in The Mansion - room 102 - The Sugar Baron. We had a very delightful stay and were so happy we opted to stay in the mansion. Our king sized bed was extremely comfortable and my husband just loved our huge balcony. Our room's balcony had a table for four and chez lounge and some planters -- it is big with a view overlooking the pool and marina. You could also see the ocean (and parking lot too). We made use of the in room refigeratior and free wi-fi! We thought our room was quiet and we had a very, very relaxing stay. (The TV's could use an upgrade our room had a VHS deck! However this was a minor hitch as we were on vacation and hardly watched any TV.)

The staff was exteremely friendly. John who worked in the evenings at the front desk- really made us feel welcome and provided excellent service. The GBI is a smaller / boutique hotel - but I think this works in its favor as everyone here made us feel extremely welcome and special. The GBI has a great location - it is super close to the beach and lots of shops and resturants. It is located on a fairly busy street but this did not seem to effect our stay at all. The free continental breakfast was also very good. As a nice added touch -- every afternoon there was free lemonade and cookies in the lobby and also a turn down service at night that featured tasty cookies and milk. There were a lot of little touches that added up to us having a wonderful vacation. We will definitely be staying at The GBI again!!

Room Tip: Splurge - ask for the Sugar Baron - room 102 - huge balacony and super comfy bed!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy M
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We have stayed at the Glorietta Bay Inn, in Coronado, a couple of times now and have felt very spoiled each time .

I have stayed in many hotels in my life but I can honestly say the people who work at this hotel are the nicest, friendliest, helpful people working in the hotel industry. Everyone from the Housekeeping staff and the maintenance crew to the front office staff and the Managers, go out of their way to say "Good Morning" everyday. Whenever they see you around the property they ask how your stay is?, how are you doing?, if you need anything?. They go above and beyond.

The property is prettily landscaped, the rooms very clean and housekeeping friendly.

This hotel is situated across from the Hotel Del Coronado on Orange Ave., (which is the busy main road that runs thru Coronado) but the way the hotel is located you would not think it was on a busy road.

I have a bad back and was uncomfortable with the mattress in the room (it was a good mattress, my Hubby slept well on it, just unfortunately not good for me), so these guys would not stop until they had changed the mattress out twice and found one that worked for me. That is how amazing they are. All done with cheerful sincerity :)

The hotel is great value; check on line for discounted rates. Also, there are a variety of rooms :)

I Highly recommend this hotel :) They just make you feel so happy to be there :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TeeC100
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I am a Personal Assistant who recently booked this hotel for my client who was attending a conference nearby. She was incredibly happy with her room with balcony, and most of all the complimentary wifi as so many other hotels charge a ridiculous price for this. One thing which I hadn't realised when booking this venue is that they do not have a restaurant, so they do not offer lunch, dinner or room service but it wasn't a problem as there were plenty of places locally for my client to dine.
My client also wanted to host a business meeting with an important guest during her stay here so we were offered to hire the one-bedroom suite with living area and kitchen which actually worked perfectly for the type of meeting my client was hosting. At first I thought that not being able to provide catering was going to be a major inconvenience however Raj at the hotel was incredibly helpful, he recommended a wonderful caterer (Continental Catering SD) who delivered excellent lunch for the occasion. My client really wanted me to thank all of the staff for their excellent care of her and of her business client, so thank-you team she really enjoyed her stay here and would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Vanessa M
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Despite the serenity their publicity photos suggest, the GBI is actually located on a busy street corner across the main drag from the Del Coronado. It's not quiet, but it is convenient to many shops and restaurants and is within easy walking distance of the beach. Downtown San Diego tourist locations are a quick 5-6 miles away on the other side of the Coronado bridge (no toll).

Our balcony room nominally overlooked the pool, but the front parking lot dominated the view. A few balcony rooms overlook the side street with the marina on the other side--the only views to be had from balcony rooms. Our room was on the small side with a very small outdated bathroom/sink area. Fridge, but no microwave.

Staff is excellent; service is very friendly and helpful. Good marks for the included breakfast which has the usual pastries, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, cold cereal, cottage cheese. They also have fresh brewed coffee available 24/7.

Parking is $10 per day, a fact that's not widely advertised.

Room Tip: Most patio rooms border parking lots. Those that don't are in courtyards that don't get much light. Ony a few balcony rooms have any view of water, and it's not much of a view. The mansion rooms decorated in period furniture may be a better bet all around.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Price is better than the other hotels around the area. Rooms are a bit sparse not much to recommend but the location and ambiance. Best thing about Coronado is the beach - golden sands, fantastic sunset.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
GloriettaBay, General Manager at Glorietta Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Thank you for your review from October. While you are correct our location is on the corner of the main drag, we do hope that you enjoyed what the property had to offer. I hope that you will head this way again in the future, and if you do you will give us another chance. We are currently in the process of renovating rooms and continually work at beautify our property.

Thank you again for your review, we value each one as it helps us improve.