“Excellent stay...”
Review of Glorietta Bay Inn

Glorietta Bay Inn
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Although this hotel is not a large hotel, it had its own charm that provided little touches to its patrons that you dont always get at larger hotels. Our room had a great Bayview and the kitchenette was very useful for our family of 4. The continental breakfast was excellent and the afternoon lemonade, waters by the pool and coffee was also great. Most importantly, the staff provided excellent personal touches during our stay and good service. From our prompt reservation to the helful staff, we felt that our patronage was important. They paid attention to our requests and accommodated our needs. The location was excellent , right across the Hotel Del and beach. Many eateries were walking distance. This is a return stay for us and we will be returning.

Room Tip: The Bayview rooms really showcase that you are staying near ocean... =)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Christina L

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This delightful Inn was built by John D. Spreckels, over 100 years ago. We stayed in the main house in room 106, a king bed room with high ceilings and a fan. The hot cookies and milk with turn-down service was a treat and breakfast in your room in the morning is wonderful. The staff were all very attentive and professional. Great location opposite the Hotel Coronada (John D. Spreckels also built) and a short walk to the main shopping street.
The only negative is that the room was rather dark.

Room Tip: Perhaps call the hotel and ask for an bright, airy room?
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GloriettaBay, Public Relations Manager at Glorietta Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We’re happy to hear that you loved the friendliness of our staff, the warm cookies and milk, and breakfast served to your bedside. Thank you for the feedback regarding the lighting in your room. I have brought this to the attention of our Assistant General Manager who will look into resolving the issue. We hope to see you again in the future! Warm Regards, Kelsey McCabe

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family enjoyed the spacious room (not in the mansion). Breakfast was very nice as was the afternoon lemonade and cookies. Pool is small but seemed heated and had only a few people there. Across from Hotel Del, so made for easy beach access. Towels, chairs, sand toys all provided. Walk to restaurants, shops, bike rentals, etc... Very convenient to everything you would do on Coronado. Friendly staff. I little pricey ($200+) but it's Coronado and location and breakfast added value. Parking was only $10/night. Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I enjoyed the complimentry breakfast and afternoon cookies and lemonade. I felt the staff went out of there way to help me and answer any questions I had. The lemon water out at the pool was also enjoyable. Very close to resturants and shopping places. This was my second stay and I will be returning. Highley recommend this wonderful property to anyone.

Room Tip: Select one with a bay view if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and that you enjoyed the lemon water at the pool. We hope that the next time your travels bring you to our area you’ll stay with us again. Thank you, Kelsey McCabe

Reviewed 20 May 2014

In April, I stayed here again, the third time in one year. I enjoyed my stay so much. This time I had a room in the Mansion. Wow, what a nice experience that was!. In the past I had stayed in patio rooms. I have enjoyed them all. On my next visit I'll look into staying in a junior suite or maybe in a bay view room.

The staff is outstanding;and the grounds always look fresh and well groomed. There are restaurants and shops nearby. The continental breakfast has good choices with a nice fruit selection. Afternoon brings lemonade and cookies.

There's a nice museum several blocks away and near it is the Lamb Theater. I attended one of the performances of "Quilter" and joyed the beautiful voices of the cast and the clever set.

I consider this hotel to be my "go to" place when I want a relaxing nearby getaway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thanks for the lovely write up! We are thrilled to have you as a loyal returning guest. Excellent service is at the top of our list and you are sure to receive friendly service during each stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you, Kelsey McCabe

Reviewed 20 May 2014

It amazes me this hotel got such high reviews by previous customers and trip advisor. Although the location was close to the beach, it's the only thing I can say that's positive about this hotel.
It was $$$, dirty, and just a step above a hotel you would rent by the hour. I only wish I could download the pictures I took of the bathroom and the high-tech white extension cord coming out of the floor.
Our initial initiation to this hotel was the hotel front desk clerk that looked haggard and would have liked to be anything but THERE waiting on me or my friend. Our room was not ready (we were early) and she said she would call us when it was ready. We never got the call. Our bags were not tagged and brought to the room which she said they would be. The room itself was dirty, old and definitely not "charming" as described by the web site.
From a person who has traveled extensively this was truly a dump unless you don't mind paying lots of $$$$ and wondering if the bed bugs are going to come calling.

Room Tip: Look across the street!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Hopester55
GloriettaBay, General Manager at Glorietta Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me with regards to your recent stay. I do hope that after our conversation you would consider giving us another opportunity for a better experience in the future. Thank you. – Claudia Ludlow, General Manager

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I wanted to surprise my husband for his birthday by taking him to Coronado Island. I went through a lot hotel reviews before I chose the Glorietta Bay Inn. Let me tell you that our stay exceeded my/our expectations! We got suite 503 (I believe) which has a private bathroon separated from the sink and a decent size closet, a work area, living space, mini fridge, small patio with a view to the garden, and the MOST COMFORTABLE King size bed! Upon our arrival we were welcomed by a bottle of wine and balloons with a Birthday card (that was a very nice gesture).
GBI is right across the street from Coronado hotel and about an 8 minute walk to the beach. GBI has free beach chairs, towels, boogies, umbrellas for their guest to use at the beach.
Overall our stay was the BEST! Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention the breakfast is incluided!
We will for sure return to GBI!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple