La Avenida Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$348
US$446
US$389
Hotels.com
  • Pool
El Cordova Hotel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
1906 Lodge(Coronado)
US$386
US$366
Hotwire.com
Villa Capri by the Sea(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$229
Glorietta Bay Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
US$239
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Coronado Inn(Coronado)
TripAdvisor
El Rancho Motel(Coronado)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgreat locationacross the streetfront deskbagel shopcoffee and pastrieswalking distanceclean roomscontinental breakfaststay there againnice poolbeach towelsgreat place to stayshort walk to the beachshops and restaurantscoronado islandorange avenueenjoyed our stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I recently stayed here during Fleet Week. It was a last minute reservation and most of the larger hotels weer booked. I did not wnat t pay the price for the Del Coronado. The facility is about what you would expect for a Motel 6 or Holiday Inn Express except it is older. Everything worked fine but the bathroom had cracks in the sheet linoleum floors, some mold in the grout and dirty hand prints around the door. The bed was fine though.
This place is a good value but you are getting what you are paying.

Room Tip: We stayed in 205. Upstairs with no elevator but away from Orange Bl. and quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I were booked into the Inn to cater a wedding on the island last week. We had no say in the room/hotel/location as it was being paid for by the wedding party. I have stayed all over the world in motels and luxury hotels alike and most of them could take a leaf out of the Avenida Inn's customer service book. The Inn has a great location and is clean and comfortable. The pool is well kept and parking is right there and part of the hotel and prices are very reasonable for the area. ALL the staff, Jodi, Annie, Benny and Moises went above and beyond to help me with some very strange requests. I could not have performed my job as caterer had they not helped me in the way they did. Thank you so much all of you and we will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Sian M
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Ace location, very clean, Coronado is a lovely place, good transport, free wifi, breakfast included, large rooms, good staff! The hotel is good value, and we both loved the experience. Pool also, and use the free summer shuttle. The ferry trip to San Diego is a doddle. Try the baseball and definitely the Midway.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Grahb
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Our first visit to San Diego we loved the Coronado location our room was musty at first. The little AC unit is very loud. The maid kept turning it off and the room was very hot when we got back
from a long day of sightseeing. The bathroom sink kept clogging. We told the front desk they sent a person to fix it but still clogged up. Seems like the rooms are from the 80's in decore. The staff was very friendly. The free breakfast is a few pieces of bread and coffee And some old fruit. The free parking is what makes this hotel a good value and the location

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was a return visit for me to the La Avenida Inn but my stay was not as good as before. Last time I visited I had a suite and zero complaints so I booked a room on my next visit to San Diego. This time I stayed in room 112 a 2 queen bed room on the second floor that faces the pool. This room gets full sun most of the time and was ungodly hot. The room was 100degrees when we walked in and with only the little box a/c it took 4 hours for the room to be tolerable to be in. The windows don't open but an inch so they were useless so we had to leave the door to the room open to get any airflow inside.The other issue in this room is the Internet wouldn't work off and on which we assumed was because of its distance away from the front office. The last issue was the size of the room it was so small that if you opened the TV armoire you could barely walk between it and the bed. These are all things that were not an issue in the suite we stayed in before. I like the hotel and its location but unless I had a suite room I would not stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kidzrn1
Laavenida, General Manager at La Avenida Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay with us during your visit to Coronado. We wish to thank you for choosing to stay with us again. We truly appreciate your patronage.

We are very sorry to hear that this last visit was not as pleasant and there were several issues. We definitely have had some very hot weather the last few weeks here in Coronado. Our apologies that the A/C was not turned on upon your arrival in order to have your room at a comfortable temperature. We have taken this into consideration, and will be making sure to have the A/C units turned on prior to any guests’ arrivals during the warm summer months.

Secondly, we are sorry to hear that you had some problems with the internet. The Front Desk staff did receive notice that you originally had some problems, but after we reset the modem, we were unaware that there was a constant problem of the connection fading in and out. We did troubleshoot and check to make sure it as was working immediately afterwards and were able to get connected.

If we would have been aware that you were having more problems with internet and the size of the room, we would have moved you to a different room to address this problem for you immediately.

We hope you do give us another chance when choosing your lodging needs! Please contact me directly the next time you are planning to stay in the area.