“very pleasant stay”

Loews Coronado Bay Resort
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 April 2012

we took our granddaughter with her parents for spring break. San Diego was very good to see again. Our best part was the pool and grounds around it. The rooms were very nice, even though I had read about renovation ongoing, it did not bother us .

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I live and work in Las Vegas, so when I want to get away to somewhere more laid back I really like Coronado. I am a frequent guest at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort because A: I love Loews hotels and usually look for them when traveling because I know what Im going to get. B: Because this hotel is the best value on Coronado. My partner and I always stay here and we are never disappointed with the service, the food or the atmosphere. The one time I was given a different room that I requested, they immediately upgraded us to a villa on the water. I have been sending people here for years and I will continue to. I love renting bikes and riding into town. The rooms are twice the size of the Del Coronado and are decorated in the perfect updated beachy feel featuring generous balconies. Dogs are very welcome and I have frequently seen dog fashion shows and they offer doggy room service! Check out the brunch. Its pricey, but totally worth it.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that Loews is four or five miles away from the center of Coronado, so if you enjoy a wa...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vegaslamb
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I never complain about noisy kids, I took my own 3 boys traveling all the time when they were toddlers, but MADE SURE THEY UNDERSTOOD other people were paying for their vacations. I had 2 small boys upstairs from me whose parents let them jump for hours (we saw them at the pool pointing out their room). I had to call; within half hour they settled down but I was not offered a room change. On my rare occasion to sleep in, I was awakened at 6:15am by running and jumping lasting an hour. My son was also awakened. I went to the front desk, where all they said was sorry and didn't offer a thing. I had TWO rooms booked that night, too! Lovely property, one I would have chosen to come back to but the staff is so much a part of where I stay. They could have made me a return customer and CHOSE NOT TO. The front desk person #1 actually thought it was funny, and laughed. Person #2 just said "sorry to hear that." Really? At a resort this "nice?" Not anymore. After I went for a run in the am, the door man asked how my night was; I said I'm exhausted from two little kids jumping around at 6 am. All he said was "That's too bad. But here's some water." I took my party of 8 and left the hotel to spend my money for food elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor. Better yet, don't stay at all. Stay somewhere where they'll go out...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank jonozamom
Reviewed 21 April 2012

If you like hob-knobbing with Paris Hilton types and their lap dogs, then this resort is for you. We stayed here during spring break, for a couple of days the first week of April 2012. For the price, didn't like being nickeled and dimed with extra fees for parking and room internet. Resort is situated on a peninsula overlooking San Diego Bay, and well south of Coronado proper and civilization, it is a challenge getting to the "public" beach across from the resort, we were led to believe it was within walking distance, it is not. Room was adequate, bathroom huge, pools were nice. We question the housekeeping practices though, room towels and pool towels did not have that fresh towel smell, as a matter of fact, upon finishing a shower my last night there, started to towel off, wiping my hair first, as I started to bring the towel to my face, I had to stop and nearly gagged, there was a brown "skid mark" from a previous guest on the bath towel. I immediately showered again, dressed, and rushed to the front desk and filed a complaint with the hotel -- was not really satisfied with their handling of it and the small discount they gave us for the ordeal, I may still file a formal complaint with the local health authorities and write to corporate headquarters. We are not staying there again; we also cannot in good conscience, recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank James S
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The rooms are beautiful and nicely decorated. Great pool area and great pool bar, inventive bartender too. We had a great time.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank jeanniew897
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Great place. Beautiful resort. Cute town. Great for dogs. A little far from main San Diego but close enough with a car to major sights. Worth the price and currently they are offering a discount for some renovations going on in the lobby which don't affect your rooms. Recommend the upper floors on the end of the buildings.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have to say that the staff at Coronado was fantastic. Everyone is superfriendly and makes you feel welcome. If you enjoying sleeping...this is not the place for you. There is ZERO sound proofing. We could hear the people in the next room talking. We heard people in the hall, doors banging all night and the topper was the people above us. There child was running back and forth playing with the sliding glass door, we didn't sleep the whole vacation. It was like this for the 8 nights we were there. Also very expensive. Heads up....everything is extra. Parking, $25 a night, mini bar & microwave, $10 a night each, fitness club $10 a day. I ordered a chicken wrap & pina colada at the pool, it was $36. They automatically add an 18% gratuity on everything.

Room Tip: Request a room at the end of hall away from main hallway
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisa w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
Hotel Marisol Coronado
#1 of 17 in Coronado
Pacific Beach
Pacific Terrace Hotel
Pacific Terrace Hotel
#6 of 278 in San Diego
Hotel del Coronado
#9 of 17 in Coronado

Been to Loews Coronado Bay Resort? Share your experiences!